Cheaters to be separated off in Max Payne 3 multiplayer
Rockstar has revealed their new strategy for dealing with cheaters in the multiplayer modes of Max Payne 3.
They have set up a special email address for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 gamers to report those using cheats, mods and exploits to gain an unfair advantage. They will the segregate the cheaters off so they will only be able to play against other cheaters.
A post on the Rockstar blog elaborates, "We're aware that a small minority of players are spoiling the Max Payne 3 multiplayer experience for honest players with cheats and hacks, and while certain issues will be dealt with in forthcoming title updates, today we'd like to make it clear that anyone using these nefarious methods will be dealt with."
It continued, "Anyone found to have used hacked saves, modded games, or other exploits to gain an unfair advantage in Max Payne 3 multiplayer, or to circumvent the leaderboards will be quarantined from all other players into a 'Cheaters Pool', where they'll only be able to compete in multiplayer matches with other confirmed miscreants. In the event we decide to absolve any of these cheaters for their past transgressions they may re-enter play with the general public, however a second offense will result in their indefinite banishment. In either case, we will be removing invalid leaderboard entries to ensure that the players at the top of the charts have earned their spots fairly."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light