Timesplitters 4 may yet still happen
Crytek UK is remaining hopeful that the Timesplitters series they created in their previous life as Free Radical may yet live on.
While they confessed that Timesplitters 4 is not yet in development it remains on the cards as part of Crytek's free-to-play strategy.
Crytek boss Cervat Yerli explained, "Look, I wish we were working on it. I will say that. I think hopes are high, but change has to happen in the platform space. I'm very excited potentially about the idea of a TimeSplitters for [Crytek's free-to-play gaming platform] G-Face."
"The thing with TimeSplitters is," Yerli elaborated, "if we made a sequel to TimeSplitters, nobody would accept this apart from some fans, and we don't know how big the fan community is unfortunately. And we don't want to design this as a packaged goods game that launches on a console, and even if we wanted to I don't think publishers would like the idea. That is the truth, and that was the truth even before we bought Free Radical."
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May