Timesplitters 4 may yet still happen
Crytek UK is remaining hopeful that the Timesplitters series they created in their previous life as Free Radical may yet live on.
While they confessed that Timesplitters 4 is not yet in development it remains on the cards as part of Crytek's free-to-play strategy.
Crytek boss Cervat Yerli explained, "Look, I wish we were working on it. I will say that. I think hopes are high, but change has to happen in the platform space. I'm very excited potentially about the idea of a TimeSplitters for [Crytek's free-to-play gaming platform] G-Face."
"The thing with TimeSplitters is," Yerli elaborated, "if we made a sequel to TimeSplitters, nobody would accept this apart from some fans, and we don't know how big the fan community is unfortunately. And we don't want to design this as a packaged goods game that launches on a console, and even if we wanted to I don't think publishers would like the idea. That is the truth, and that was the truth even before we bought Free Radical."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3