Timesplitters 4 may yet still happen
Crytek UK is remaining hopeful that the Timesplitters series they created in their previous life as Free Radical may yet live on.
While they confessed that Timesplitters 4 is not yet in development it remains on the cards as part of Crytek's free-to-play strategy.
Crytek boss Cervat Yerli explained, "Look, I wish we were working on it. I will say that. I think hopes are high, but change has to happen in the platform space. I'm very excited potentially about the idea of a TimeSplitters for [Crytek's free-to-play gaming platform] G-Face."
"The thing with TimeSplitters is," Yerli elaborated, "if we made a sequel to TimeSplitters, nobody would accept this apart from some fans, and we don't know how big the fan community is unfortunately. And we don't want to design this as a packaged goods game that launches on a console, and even if we wanted to I don't think publishers would like the idea. That is the truth, and that was the truth even before we bought Free Radical."
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today