Timesplitters 4 may yet still happen
Crytek UK is remaining hopeful that the Timesplitters series they created in their previous life as Free Radical may yet live on.
While they confessed that Timesplitters 4 is not yet in development it remains on the cards as part of Crytek's free-to-play strategy.
Crytek boss Cervat Yerli explained, "Look, I wish we were working on it. I will say that. I think hopes are high, but change has to happen in the platform space. I'm very excited potentially about the idea of a TimeSplitters for [Crytek's free-to-play gaming platform] G-Face."
"The thing with TimeSplitters is," Yerli elaborated, "if we made a sequel to TimeSplitters, nobody would accept this apart from some fans, and we don't know how big the fan community is unfortunately. And we don't want to design this as a packaged goods game that launches on a console, and even if we wanted to I don't think publishers would like the idea. That is the truth, and that was the truth even before we bought Free Radical."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title