CounterStrike: Global Offensive to arrive at the end of August
Valve has announced a final release date for their next title in the popular CounterStrike multiplayer series.
CounterStrike: Global Offensive is destined for PC and Mac on Steam as well as PS3 via PSN and the Xbox 360 via the Xbox Marketplace on August the 21st.
It is currently undergoing a rigorous beta test phase which features the new game modes being introduced in CS: GO as well as the existing modes that it has inherited from the original game.
The beta has already torpedoed any hope of the proposed cross-platform play that Valve had intended with the studio explaining that they felt they would want to update the PC and Mac versions too often for the multiplayer experience to be consistent across all platforms.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave