CounterStrike: Global Offensive to arrive at the end of August
Valve has announced a final release date for their next title in the popular CounterStrike multiplayer series.
CounterStrike: Global Offensive is destined for PC and Mac on Steam as well as PS3 via PSN and the Xbox 360 via the Xbox Marketplace on August the 21st.
It is currently undergoing a rigorous beta test phase which features the new game modes being introduced in CS: GO as well as the existing modes that it has inherited from the original game.
The beta has already torpedoed any hope of the proposed cross-platform play that Valve had intended with the studio explaining that they felt they would want to update the PC and Mac versions too often for the multiplayer experience to be consistent across all platforms.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One