CounterStrike: Global Offensive to arrive at the end of August
Valve has announced a final release date for their next title in the popular CounterStrike multiplayer series.
CounterStrike: Global Offensive is destined for PC and Mac on Steam as well as PS3 via PSN and the Xbox 360 via the Xbox Marketplace on August the 21st.
It is currently undergoing a rigorous beta test phase which features the new game modes being introduced in CS: GO as well as the existing modes that it has inherited from the original game.
The beta has already torpedoed any hope of the proposed cross-platform play that Valve had intended with the studio explaining that they felt they would want to update the PC and Mac versions too often for the multiplayer experience to be consistent across all platforms.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes