CounterStrike: Global Offensive to arrive at the end of August
Valve has announced a final release date for their next title in the popular CounterStrike multiplayer series.
CounterStrike: Global Offensive is destined for PC and Mac on Steam as well as PS3 via PSN and the Xbox 360 via the Xbox Marketplace on August the 21st.
It is currently undergoing a rigorous beta test phase which features the new game modes being introduced in CS: GO as well as the existing modes that it has inherited from the original game.
The beta has already torpedoed any hope of the proposed cross-platform play that Valve had intended with the studio explaining that they felt they would want to update the PC and Mac versions too often for the multiplayer experience to be consistent across all platforms.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015