The 360 finally goes free-to-play with Ascend: New Gods
Ascend: New Gods, the next title from Toy Soldiers developer, Signal Studios, is set to become the Xbox 360's first free-to-play title.
Ascend: New Gods is and action RPG that promises persistent asynchronous multiplayer of Xbox Live for Xbox 360 and Windows Mobiles.
Players take control of one of the Caos, a race of warriors bred to serve the gods, pledge allegiance to one of three gods and cut a bloody swathe across the land in their name.
Signal adds that players will not always play as the same character with large rewards promised for players ready to sacrifice their character for the good of their chosen deity.
The game, which is due out in 2013, takes cues from Dark Souls as players will be allowed to leave their mark on the game world that will show up in other connected players' single player game.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3