The 360 finally goes free-to-play with Ascend: New Gods
Ascend: New Gods, the next title from Toy Soldiers developer, Signal Studios, is set to become the Xbox 360's first free-to-play title.
Ascend: New Gods is and action RPG that promises persistent asynchronous multiplayer of Xbox Live for Xbox 360 and Windows Mobiles.
Players take control of one of the Caos, a race of warriors bred to serve the gods, pledge allegiance to one of three gods and cut a bloody swathe across the land in their name.
Signal adds that players will not always play as the same character with large rewards promised for players ready to sacrifice their character for the good of their chosen deity.
The game, which is due out in 2013, takes cues from Dark Souls as players will be allowed to leave their mark on the game world that will show up in other connected players' single player game.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave