The 360 finally goes free-to-play with Ascend: New Gods
Ascend: New Gods, the next title from Toy Soldiers developer, Signal Studios, is set to become the Xbox 360's first free-to-play title.
Ascend: New Gods is and action RPG that promises persistent asynchronous multiplayer of Xbox Live for Xbox 360 and Windows Mobiles.
Players take control of one of the Caos, a race of warriors bred to serve the gods, pledge allegiance to one of three gods and cut a bloody swathe across the land in their name.
Signal adds that players will not always play as the same character with large rewards promised for players ready to sacrifice their character for the good of their chosen deity.
The game, which is due out in 2013, takes cues from Dark Souls as players will be allowed to leave their mark on the game world that will show up in other connected players' single player game.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year