Criterion returns to the Need For Speed series with Most Wanted
Criterion has revealed their latest effort in the Need For Speed series and this time they've gone for a remake.
The British racing studio has take a look back at their favourite entries in the series and decided they'd try their hands at remaking Most Wanted. In the spirit of this they have created a massive open world to race across with no rules except the requirement to cross the finish line first to receive bragging rights.
Most Wanted will also feature the next generation of Criterion's Autolog tech allowing racers to compete with each other more than ever before.
Matt Webster, executive producer at Criterion Games said,"Criterion is shaking up the franchise with Need for Speed Most Wanted. This is Most Wanted for a new generation of players. We've brought everything we know about racing, chasing and exploration and smashed them together in a highly connected open world automotive experience. Whether driving solo or racing with friends in our amazing new multiplayer experience, Autolog fires up competition out of everything as players compete to be most wanted amongst their friends."
Need For Speed: Most Wanted will be released on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on October 30th.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching