SimCity comes to Facebook with SimCity Social
SimCity fans will be able to get a good fix of new city-building fun well ahead of the release of the latest SimCity with the imminent release of SimCity Social.
Maxis have teamed up with the social games experts Playfish to bring the SimCity experience to Facebook blending the impressive depth of play that has evolved in the SimCity series with unprecendented social options.
VP of global studios for Playfish, Jami Laes says, Facebook gamers have been waiting a long time for the original and best city-building game to come to the platform. This isnt your typical drag and drop city-building game. Players dont just build a city they choose the kind of city they want and watch its soul come to life as it grows and reacts to their decisions. With SimCity Social, weve taken the best in social gaming design and married it with unprecedented depth to create an all-new deeply social experience.
SimCity Social is currently in closed beta and is due to launch fully in the next few weeks.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title