SimCity comes to Facebook with SimCity Social
SimCity fans will be able to get a good fix of new city-building fun well ahead of the release of the latest SimCity with the imminent release of SimCity Social.
Maxis have teamed up with the social games experts Playfish to bring the SimCity experience to Facebook blending the impressive depth of play that has evolved in the SimCity series with unprecendented social options.
VP of global studios for Playfish, Jami Laes says, Facebook gamers have been waiting a long time for the original and best city-building game to come to the platform. This isnt your typical drag and drop city-building game. Players dont just build a city they choose the kind of city they want and watch its soul come to life as it grows and reacts to their decisions. With SimCity Social, weve taken the best in social gaming design and married it with unprecedented depth to create an all-new deeply social experience.
SimCity Social is currently in closed beta and is due to launch fully in the next few weeks.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3