SimCity comes to Facebook with SimCity Social
SimCity fans will be able to get a good fix of new city-building fun well ahead of the release of the latest SimCity with the imminent release of SimCity Social.
Maxis have teamed up with the social games experts Playfish to bring the SimCity experience to Facebook blending the impressive depth of play that has evolved in the SimCity series with unprecendented social options.
VP of global studios for Playfish, Jami Laes says, Facebook gamers have been waiting a long time for the original and best city-building game to come to the platform. This isnt your typical drag and drop city-building game. Players dont just build a city they choose the kind of city they want and watch its soul come to life as it grows and reacts to their decisions. With SimCity Social, weve taken the best in social gaming design and married it with unprecedented depth to create an all-new deeply social experience.
SimCity Social is currently in closed beta and is due to launch fully in the next few weeks.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year