DOOM 3 to make a return with the BFG Edition
Bethesda has revealed that id Software will be returning the DOOM series to home consoles with an HD remaster of DOOM 3.
The DOOM 3 BFG Edition is a full HD remaster of the original DOOM 3 with the added content provided by the Resurrection Of Evil expansion pack a never seen before addition in the form of The Lost Mission.
The BFG Edition has been fully optimised for 3D and 5.1 surround sound as well featuring improved lighting and and rendering effects, PS3 Trophies and Xbox 360 Achievements and a new checkpoint save system to make gameplay more smooth.
DOOM series co-creator and id technical director John Carmack said, "DOOM 3 was enthusiastically embraced by gamers worldwide at its release. Today, the full experience has been enhanced and extended to be better than ever, and is delivered across all the platforms with a silky smooth frame rate and highly responsive controls. New support for 3D TVs, monitors, and head mounted displays also allows players to experience the game with more depth than ever before. We think shooter fans everywhere will love it."
As an added bonus DOOM and DOOM 2 will also be included in the DOOM 3 BFG Edition which is due for release this coming autumn.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III