DOOM 3 to make a return with the BFG Edition
Bethesda has revealed that id Software will be returning the DOOM series to home consoles with an HD remaster of DOOM 3.
The DOOM 3 BFG Edition is a full HD remaster of the original DOOM 3 with the added content provided by the Resurrection Of Evil expansion pack a never seen before addition in the form of The Lost Mission.
The BFG Edition has been fully optimised for 3D and 5.1 surround sound as well featuring improved lighting and and rendering effects, PS3 Trophies and Xbox 360 Achievements and a new checkpoint save system to make gameplay more smooth.
DOOM series co-creator and id technical director John Carmack said, "DOOM 3 was enthusiastically embraced by gamers worldwide at its release. Today, the full experience has been enhanced and extended to be better than ever, and is delivered across all the platforms with a silky smooth frame rate and highly responsive controls. New support for 3D TVs, monitors, and head mounted displays also allows players to experience the game with more depth than ever before. We think shooter fans everywhere will love it."
As an added bonus DOOM and DOOM 2 will also be included in the DOOM 3 BFG Edition which is due for release this coming autumn.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch