DOOM 3 to make a return with the BFG Edition
Bethesda has revealed that id Software will be returning the DOOM series to home consoles with an HD remaster of DOOM 3.
The DOOM 3 BFG Edition is a full HD remaster of the original DOOM 3 with the added content provided by the Resurrection Of Evil expansion pack a never seen before addition in the form of The Lost Mission.
The BFG Edition has been fully optimised for 3D and 5.1 surround sound as well featuring improved lighting and and rendering effects, PS3 Trophies and Xbox 360 Achievements and a new checkpoint save system to make gameplay more smooth.
DOOM series co-creator and id technical director John Carmack said, "DOOM 3 was enthusiastically embraced by gamers worldwide at its release. Today, the full experience has been enhanced and extended to be better than ever, and is delivered across all the platforms with a silky smooth frame rate and highly responsive controls. New support for 3D TVs, monitors, and head mounted displays also allows players to experience the game with more depth than ever before. We think shooter fans everywhere will love it."
As an added bonus DOOM and DOOM 2 will also be included in the DOOM 3 BFG Edition which is due for release this coming autumn.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer