Infinity Ward hiring for a next-gen shooter
A job advert has appeared for a senior network engineer to work on a shooter for next generation hardware at Infinity Ward.
The title in question is referred to as an unnamed multiplayer FPS but given that Infinity Ward are the studio that created Call Of Duty in the first place it is probably a safe assumption that the game is a new Call Of Duty title.
Also given than the cycle of releases alternates between Infinity Ward and Treyarch and the latter's Black Ops II being released this year it could point to some next generation hardware being around for Christmas 2013.
In the meantime all attention is on the courts as the legal battle between Infinity Ward's deposed founders Jason West and Vince Zampella and Activision gets under way.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny