Infinity Ward hiring for a next-gen shooter
A job advert has appeared for a senior network engineer to work on a shooter for next generation hardware at Infinity Ward.
The title in question is referred to as an unnamed multiplayer FPS but given that Infinity Ward are the studio that created Call Of Duty in the first place it is probably a safe assumption that the game is a new Call Of Duty title.
Also given than the cycle of releases alternates between Infinity Ward and Treyarch and the latter's Black Ops II being released this year it could point to some next generation hardware being around for Christmas 2013.
In the meantime all attention is on the courts as the legal battle between Infinity Ward's deposed founders Jason West and Vince Zampella and Activision gets under way.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3