Infinity Ward hiring for a next-gen shooter
A job advert has appeared for a senior network engineer to work on a shooter for next generation hardware at Infinity Ward.
The title in question is referred to as an unnamed multiplayer FPS but given that Infinity Ward are the studio that created Call Of Duty in the first place it is probably a safe assumption that the game is a new Call Of Duty title.
Also given than the cycle of releases alternates between Infinity Ward and Treyarch and the latter's Black Ops II being released this year it could point to some next generation hardware being around for Christmas 2013.
In the meantime all attention is on the courts as the legal battle between Infinity Ward's deposed founders Jason West and Vince Zampella and Activision gets under way.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title