Infinity Ward hiring for a next-gen shooter
A job advert has appeared for a senior network engineer to work on a shooter for next generation hardware at Infinity Ward.
The title in question is referred to as an unnamed multiplayer FPS but given that Infinity Ward are the studio that created Call Of Duty in the first place it is probably a safe assumption that the game is a new Call Of Duty title.
Also given than the cycle of releases alternates between Infinity Ward and Treyarch and the latter's Black Ops II being released this year it could point to some next generation hardware being around for Christmas 2013.
In the meantime all attention is on the courts as the legal battle between Infinity Ward's deposed founders Jason West and Vince Zampella and Activision gets under way.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year