Infinity Ward hiring for a next-gen shooter
A job advert has appeared for a senior network engineer to work on a shooter for next generation hardware at Infinity Ward.
The title in question is referred to as an unnamed multiplayer FPS but given that Infinity Ward are the studio that created Call Of Duty in the first place it is probably a safe assumption that the game is a new Call Of Duty title.
Also given than the cycle of releases alternates between Infinity Ward and Treyarch and the latter's Black Ops II being released this year it could point to some next generation hardware being around for Christmas 2013.
In the meantime all attention is on the courts as the legal battle between Infinity Ward's deposed founders Jason West and Vince Zampella and Activision gets under way.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update