No Unreal Engine 4 support for the Wii U
The Wii U's hardcore gaming credentials have taken a bit of a hit with the latest news that it will not be supported by the next generation of Epic's ubiquitous Unreal Engine.
The Wii U will still support the phenomenally popular Unreal Engine 3 but Mike Capps, president of Epic Games is reported as saying as far back as the GDC in March that the Unreal Engine 4 will not support the Nintendo's new home console.
Unreal Engine 3 has become a mainstay of third-party development for studios not looking to take on the gargantuan task of coding their own engine from scratch and if Unreal Engine 4 manages to achieve the same kind of popularity then the Wii U could find itself struggling for third party support as the Wii has later on in its life.
Epic will be unveiling Unreal Engine 4 at this year's E3 just as Nintendo is showing off the finished version of the Wii U.
Thanks Develop Online.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey