No Unreal Engine 4 support for the Wii U
The Wii U's hardcore gaming credentials have taken a bit of a hit with the latest news that it will not be supported by the next generation of Epic's ubiquitous Unreal Engine.
The Wii U will still support the phenomenally popular Unreal Engine 3 but Mike Capps, president of Epic Games is reported as saying as far back as the GDC in March that the Unreal Engine 4 will not support the Nintendo's new home console.
Unreal Engine 3 has become a mainstay of third-party development for studios not looking to take on the gargantuan task of coding their own engine from scratch and if Unreal Engine 4 manages to achieve the same kind of popularity then the Wii U could find itself struggling for third party support as the Wii has later on in its life.
Epic will be unveiling Unreal Engine 4 at this year's E3 just as Nintendo is showing off the finished version of the Wii U.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light