Diablo III becomes the fastest-selling PC game of all time
Diablo III has set new sales records for PC games becoming the fastest-selling PC game of all time.
Since its release on May the 15th Diablo III has shifted 6.3 million copies worldwide with 3.5 million people poised and ready to play on launch day.
Blizzard CEO and co-founder Mike Morhaime said, "We're definitely thrilled that so many people around the world were excited to pick up their copy of Diablo III and jump in the moment it went live. We also regret that our preparations were not enough to ensure everyone had a seamless experience when they did so. I want to reaffirm our commitment to make sure the millions of Diablo III players out there have a great experience with the game moving forward, and I also want to thank them for their ongoing support."
"Regarding today's announcement," he continued, "we recognize that setting a new launch record is a big achievement. However, we're especially proud of the gameplay feedback we've received from players worldwide. We're pleased that Diablo III has lived up to players high expectations, and we're looking forward to welcoming more players into Sanctuary in the days ahead."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3