Diablo III becomes the fastest-selling PC game of all time
Diablo III has set new sales records for PC games becoming the fastest-selling PC game of all time.
Since its release on May the 15th Diablo III has shifted 6.3 million copies worldwide with 3.5 million people poised and ready to play on launch day.
Blizzard CEO and co-founder Mike Morhaime said, "We're definitely thrilled that so many people around the world were excited to pick up their copy of Diablo III and jump in the moment it went live. We also regret that our preparations were not enough to ensure everyone had a seamless experience when they did so. I want to reaffirm our commitment to make sure the millions of Diablo III players out there have a great experience with the game moving forward, and I also want to thank them for their ongoing support."
"Regarding today's announcement," he continued, "we recognize that setting a new launch record is a big achievement. However, we're especially proud of the gameplay feedback we've received from players worldwide. We're pleased that Diablo III has lived up to players high expectations, and we're looking forward to welcoming more players into Sanctuary in the days ahead."
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May