Diablo III becomes the fastest-selling PC game of all time
Diablo III has set new sales records for PC games becoming the fastest-selling PC game of all time.
Since its release on May the 15th Diablo III has shifted 6.3 million copies worldwide with 3.5 million people poised and ready to play on launch day.
Blizzard CEO and co-founder Mike Morhaime said, "We're definitely thrilled that so many people around the world were excited to pick up their copy of Diablo III and jump in the moment it went live. We also regret that our preparations were not enough to ensure everyone had a seamless experience when they did so. I want to reaffirm our commitment to make sure the millions of Diablo III players out there have a great experience with the game moving forward, and I also want to thank them for their ongoing support."
"Regarding today's announcement," he continued, "we recognize that setting a new launch record is a big achievement. However, we're especially proud of the gameplay feedback we've received from players worldwide. We're pleased that Diablo III has lived up to players high expectations, and we're looking forward to welcoming more players into Sanctuary in the days ahead."
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release