Diablo III becomes the fastest-selling PC game of all time
Diablo III has set new sales records for PC games becoming the fastest-selling PC game of all time.
Since its release on May the 15th Diablo III has shifted 6.3 million copies worldwide with 3.5 million people poised and ready to play on launch day.
Blizzard CEO and co-founder Mike Morhaime said, "We're definitely thrilled that so many people around the world were excited to pick up their copy of Diablo III and jump in the moment it went live. We also regret that our preparations were not enough to ensure everyone had a seamless experience when they did so. I want to reaffirm our commitment to make sure the millions of Diablo III players out there have a great experience with the game moving forward, and I also want to thank them for their ongoing support."
"Regarding today's announcement," he continued, "we recognize that setting a new launch record is a big achievement. However, we're especially proud of the gameplay feedback we've received from players worldwide. We're pleased that Diablo III has lived up to players high expectations, and we're looking forward to welcoming more players into Sanctuary in the days ahead."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title