Diablo III becomes the fastest-selling PC game of all time
Diablo III has set new sales records for PC games becoming the fastest-selling PC game of all time.
Since its release on May the 15th Diablo III has shifted 6.3 million copies worldwide with 3.5 million people poised and ready to play on launch day.
Blizzard CEO and co-founder Mike Morhaime said, "We're definitely thrilled that so many people around the world were excited to pick up their copy of Diablo III and jump in the moment it went live. We also regret that our preparations were not enough to ensure everyone had a seamless experience when they did so. I want to reaffirm our commitment to make sure the millions of Diablo III players out there have a great experience with the game moving forward, and I also want to thank them for their ongoing support."
"Regarding today's announcement," he continued, "we recognize that setting a new launch record is a big achievement. However, we're especially proud of the gameplay feedback we've received from players worldwide. We're pleased that Diablo III has lived up to players high expectations, and we're looking forward to welcoming more players into Sanctuary in the days ahead."
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space