XCOM: Enemy Unknown release date breaks orbit
2K Games has announced a release date for the Firaxis-developed strategy reboot of the excellent XCOM franchise.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown sees the possibility of alien invasion rear its ugly head and once again players must take control of XCOM to combat the threat with strategic cunning and smart resource management.
As a preorder bonus Firaxis has created the Elite Solider Pack that will inspire a bit of nostalgia with the inclusion of a new recruit styled on the original blond flat-top haired character models from the first game XCOM: UFO Defense. It also features the new Hyperion and Reaper armour styles and full colour customisation options for the squad's armour designs.
Firaxis president Steve Martin said, "XCOM: Enemy Unknown is the answer to the 15-year craving that XCOM fans have been experiencing. We wanted to find a special way to honor these die-hard fans, and the special edition and Elite Soldier Pack are just the way to do it."
XCOM: Enemy Unknown will arrive on Earth on October the 12th for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year