Deep Silver denies that Dead Island 2 is in development
Deep Silver has stepped up and denied rumours that they have a sequel to Techland's hit zombie survival title Dead Island in development.
Rumours had emerged suggesting that the Spec Ops: The Line developer Yager have been contracted to produce Dead Island 2. Deep Silver has stated in detail that there is absolutely nothing going on in this respect.
Development director at Deep Silver Guido Eickmeyer said, "We are neither working with Yager on Dead Island 2 nor do we have any contractual agreement with Yager about any project at this point."
"We have neither something in place or in discussion between the parties that would explain such a news, nor do we have Dead Island 2 in concept or production with external partners. There is a legitimate chance that we will at some point work [with Yager] on a title - and I would not even exclude the possibility that this could be something within the Dead Island franchise."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year