Deep Silver denies that Dead Island 2 is in development
Deep Silver has stepped up and denied rumours that they have a sequel to Techland's hit zombie survival title Dead Island in development.
Rumours had emerged suggesting that the Spec Ops: The Line developer Yager have been contracted to produce Dead Island 2. Deep Silver has stated in detail that there is absolutely nothing going on in this respect.
Development director at Deep Silver Guido Eickmeyer said, "We are neither working with Yager on Dead Island 2 nor do we have any contractual agreement with Yager about any project at this point."
"We have neither something in place or in discussion between the parties that would explain such a news, nor do we have Dead Island 2 in concept or production with external partners. There is a legitimate chance that we will at some point work [with Yager] on a title - and I would not even exclude the possibility that this could be something within the Dead Island franchise."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III