Deep Silver denies that Dead Island 2 is in development
Deep Silver has stepped up and denied rumours that they have a sequel to Techland's hit zombie survival title Dead Island in development.
Rumours had emerged suggesting that the Spec Ops: The Line developer Yager have been contracted to produce Dead Island 2. Deep Silver has stated in detail that there is absolutely nothing going on in this respect.
Development director at Deep Silver Guido Eickmeyer said, "We are neither working with Yager on Dead Island 2 nor do we have any contractual agreement with Yager about any project at this point."
"We have neither something in place or in discussion between the parties that would explain such a news, nor do we have Dead Island 2 in concept or production with external partners. There is a legitimate chance that we will at some point work [with Yager] on a title - and I would not even exclude the possibility that this could be something within the Dead Island franchise."
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft