Deep Silver denies that Dead Island 2 is in development
Deep Silver has stepped up and denied rumours that they have a sequel to Techland's hit zombie survival title Dead Island in development.
Rumours had emerged suggesting that the Spec Ops: The Line developer Yager have been contracted to produce Dead Island 2. Deep Silver has stated in detail that there is absolutely nothing going on in this respect.
Development director at Deep Silver Guido Eickmeyer said, "We are neither working with Yager on Dead Island 2 nor do we have any contractual agreement with Yager about any project at this point."
"We have neither something in place or in discussion between the parties that would explain such a news, nor do we have Dead Island 2 in concept or production with external partners. There is a legitimate chance that we will at some point work [with Yager] on a title - and I would not even exclude the possibility that this could be something within the Dead Island franchise."
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year