Deep Silver denies that Dead Island 2 is in development
Deep Silver has stepped up and denied rumours that they have a sequel to Techland's hit zombie survival title Dead Island in development.
Rumours had emerged suggesting that the Spec Ops: The Line developer Yager have been contracted to produce Dead Island 2. Deep Silver has stated in detail that there is absolutely nothing going on in this respect.
Development director at Deep Silver Guido Eickmeyer said, "We are neither working with Yager on Dead Island 2 nor do we have any contractual agreement with Yager about any project at this point."
"We have neither something in place or in discussion between the parties that would explain such a news, nor do we have Dead Island 2 in concept or production with external partners. There is a legitimate chance that we will at some point work [with Yager] on a title - and I would not even exclude the possibility that this could be something within the Dead Island franchise."
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free