Next-gen RPG in development at Lionhead
The studio behind the Fable series has a new MMO-like RPG in development for next-gen hardware according to a new job advertisement.
The advert states that they are creating a new IP that will focus on "a radical new take on how co-operative and multiplayer gameplay feeds into the experience, while blending online and single-player into one complete experience."
With this being a new IP it means that it is not related in any way to the Fable series created by Peter Molyneux. The mention of MMO-like gameplay is also encouraging and may indicate Microsoft relaxing their attitude towards incorporating MMOs into Xbox Live in the future.
The ad explained further, "[The game] will have a complex progression system, multiple routes through the campaign, and an MMO-like multiplayer experience that will affect the outcome of the player experience, and many other attributes surrounding their profile (such as the environment and the outcome of certain actions)".
Thanks Edge Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3