Next-gen RPG in development at Lionhead
The studio behind the Fable series has a new MMO-like RPG in development for next-gen hardware according to a new job advertisement.
The advert states that they are creating a new IP that will focus on "a radical new take on how co-operative and multiplayer gameplay feeds into the experience, while blending online and single-player into one complete experience."
With this being a new IP it means that it is not related in any way to the Fable series created by Peter Molyneux. The mention of MMO-like gameplay is also encouraging and may indicate Microsoft relaxing their attitude towards incorporating MMOs into Xbox Live in the future.
The ad explained further, "[The game] will have a complex progression system, multiple routes through the campaign, and an MMO-like multiplayer experience that will affect the outcome of the player experience, and many other attributes surrounding their profile (such as the environment and the outcome of certain actions)".
Thanks Edge Online.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year