Peter Molyneux unimpressed by the Wii U
Bullfrog and Lionhead founder Peter Molyneux has been expressing his opinions on Nintendo's next hardware efforts as well as what he believes Microsoft and Sony are planning next ahead of this year's E3.
Molyneux described Nintendo's Wii U as "lacklustre" adding that they'll need to do something special for launch stating, "Nintendo's slightly lack lustre Wii U is going to have to blow us away with better specs and great 1st party line up."
He also added that Sony and Microsoft are taking a pause to try and milk a bit more out of the current hardware generation before playing their next-gen cards.
Molyneux continued, "Sony and Microsoft are holding their breath on next gen - interesting to see how they pad out another year. Price cuts, form factors?"
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One