Peter Molyneux unimpressed by the Wii U
Bullfrog and Lionhead founder Peter Molyneux has been expressing his opinions on Nintendo's next hardware efforts as well as what he believes Microsoft and Sony are planning next ahead of this year's E3.
Molyneux described Nintendo's Wii U as "lacklustre" adding that they'll need to do something special for launch stating, "Nintendo's slightly lack lustre Wii U is going to have to blow us away with better specs and great 1st party line up."
He also added that Sony and Microsoft are taking a pause to try and milk a bit more out of the current hardware generation before playing their next-gen cards.
Molyneux continued, "Sony and Microsoft are holding their breath on next gen - interesting to see how they pad out another year. Price cuts, form factors?"
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3