THQ to offload Itagaki's new title Devil's Third
THQ's latest financial reports have come with a bit of bad news for those awaiting more on Tomonobu Itagaki's new game.
Despite improved digital sales and an excellent showing from Saints Row: The Third they have been forced to reassess their portfolio. In doing so they have decided to offload Itagakis' new title Devil's Third.
CEO of THQ, Brian Farrell explained that Devil's Third no longer "fit THQ's profile" as it required to switch game engines mid-production adding some extra costs that made it much less likely to turn a profit.
Farrell said, "When we ranked all of our product releases when we underwent our restructuring, the profitability of Devil's Third wasn't comparable with our other franchises."
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC