THQ to offload Itagaki's new title Devil's Third
THQ's latest financial reports have come with a bit of bad news for those awaiting more on Tomonobu Itagaki's new game.
Despite improved digital sales and an excellent showing from Saints Row: The Third they have been forced to reassess their portfolio. In doing so they have decided to offload Itagakis' new title Devil's Third.
CEO of THQ, Brian Farrell explained that Devil's Third no longer "fit THQ's profile" as it required to switch game engines mid-production adding some extra costs that made it much less likely to turn a profit.
Farrell said, "When we ranked all of our product releases when we underwent our restructuring, the profitability of Devil's Third wasn't comparable with our other franchises."
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine