THQ to offload Itagaki's new title Devil's Third
THQ's latest financial reports have come with a bit of bad news for those awaiting more on Tomonobu Itagaki's new game.
Despite improved digital sales and an excellent showing from Saints Row: The Third they have been forced to reassess their portfolio. In doing so they have decided to offload Itagakis' new title Devil's Third.
CEO of THQ, Brian Farrell explained that Devil's Third no longer "fit THQ's profile" as it required to switch game engines mid-production adding some extra costs that made it much less likely to turn a profit.
Farrell said, "When we ranked all of our product releases when we underwent our restructuring, the profitability of Devil's Third wasn't comparable with our other franchises."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title