THQ to offload Itagaki's new title Devil's Third
THQ's latest financial reports have come with a bit of bad news for those awaiting more on Tomonobu Itagaki's new game.
Despite improved digital sales and an excellent showing from Saints Row: The Third they have been forced to reassess their portfolio. In doing so they have decided to offload Itagakis' new title Devil's Third.
CEO of THQ, Brian Farrell explained that Devil's Third no longer "fit THQ's profile" as it required to switch game engines mid-production adding some extra costs that made it much less likely to turn a profit.
Farrell said, "When we ranked all of our product releases when we underwent our restructuring, the profitability of Devil's Third wasn't comparable with our other franchises."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto