THQ to offload Itagaki's new title Devil's Third
THQ's latest financial reports have come with a bit of bad news for those awaiting more on Tomonobu Itagaki's new game.
Despite improved digital sales and an excellent showing from Saints Row: The Third they have been forced to reassess their portfolio. In doing so they have decided to offload Itagakis' new title Devil's Third.
CEO of THQ, Brian Farrell explained that Devil's Third no longer "fit THQ's profile" as it required to switch game engines mid-production adding some extra costs that made it much less likely to turn a profit.
Farrell said, "When we ranked all of our product releases when we underwent our restructuring, the profitability of Devil's Third wasn't comparable with our other franchises."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer