Capcom to re-evaluate their position on on-disc DLC
Capcom has revealed that they will be looking again at their decision to include downloadable content on their game discs.
Their next release, Dragon's Dogma will include its DLC on the disc but senior VP Christian Svensson has stated that they will be re-evaluating their position on the matter for future releases.
He wrote on the Capcom Unity blog, "[We] have begun the process of re-evaluating how such additional game content is delivered in the future. As this process has only just commenced in the past month or so, there will be some titles, where development began some time ago and that are scheduled for release in the coming months, for which we are unable to make changes to the way some of their post release content is delivered."
Capcom has already caused quite a stir by including DLC on the game disc including the most recent release Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year