Capcom to re-evaluate their position on on-disc DLC
Capcom has revealed that they will be looking again at their decision to include downloadable content on their game discs.
Their next release, Dragon's Dogma will include its DLC on the disc but senior VP Christian Svensson has stated that they will be re-evaluating their position on the matter for future releases.
He wrote on the Capcom Unity blog, "[We] have begun the process of re-evaluating how such additional game content is delivered in the future. As this process has only just commenced in the past month or so, there will be some titles, where development began some time ago and that are scheduled for release in the coming months, for which we are unable to make changes to the way some of their post release content is delivered."
Capcom has already caused quite a stir by including DLC on the game disc including the most recent release Street Fighter X Tekken.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft