Capcom to re-evaluate their position on on-disc DLC
Capcom has revealed that they will be looking again at their decision to include downloadable content on their game discs.
Their next release, Dragon's Dogma will include its DLC on the disc but senior VP Christian Svensson has stated that they will be re-evaluating their position on the matter for future releases.
He wrote on the Capcom Unity blog, "[We] have begun the process of re-evaluating how such additional game content is delivered in the future. As this process has only just commenced in the past month or so, there will be some titles, where development began some time ago and that are scheduled for release in the coming months, for which we are unable to make changes to the way some of their post release content is delivered."
Capcom has already caused quite a stir by including DLC on the game disc including the most recent release Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3