Capcom to re-evaluate their position on on-disc DLC
Capcom has revealed that they will be looking again at their decision to include downloadable content on their game discs.
Their next release, Dragon's Dogma will include its DLC on the disc but senior VP Christian Svensson has stated that they will be re-evaluating their position on the matter for future releases.
He wrote on the Capcom Unity blog, "[We] have begun the process of re-evaluating how such additional game content is delivered in the future. As this process has only just commenced in the past month or so, there will be some titles, where development began some time ago and that are scheduled for release in the coming months, for which we are unable to make changes to the way some of their post release content is delivered."
Capcom has already caused quite a stir by including DLC on the game disc including the most recent release Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront