Diablo III finally crawls out of its dungeon
Blizzard's latest entry in their dungeon crawler genre defining series, Diablo III has finally arrived today.
Diablo III takes over the series' story after the events of Diablo II with player's once again taking on the mantle of one of five brave heroes in order to save Sanctuary from the attentions of the Burning Hells.
This will be the first Blizzard title to require an persistent connection to Battle.net. It will also use be their first title to offer a real currency auction house where players can trade the items they gather on the travels for real money rather than in-game gold.
Blizzard CEO, Mike Morhaime said, "This launch is a culmination of many years of hard work by our development team, and many years of passionate, dedicated support from gamers around the world. We're grateful for the enthusiasm of our players, and for the help of our beta testers in getting the game ready for release. Now that Diablo III is live, we hope everyone's ready to have a hellishly good time slaying demons and collecting loot in Sanctuary."
Diablo III is available for PC and Mac either from retail or as a download from Battle.net.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone