Diablo III finally crawls out of its dungeon
Blizzard's latest entry in their dungeon crawler genre defining series, Diablo III has finally arrived today.
Diablo III takes over the series' story after the events of Diablo II with player's once again taking on the mantle of one of five brave heroes in order to save Sanctuary from the attentions of the Burning Hells.
This will be the first Blizzard title to require an persistent connection to Battle.net. It will also use be their first title to offer a real currency auction house where players can trade the items they gather on the travels for real money rather than in-game gold.
Blizzard CEO, Mike Morhaime said, "This launch is a culmination of many years of hard work by our development team, and many years of passionate, dedicated support from gamers around the world. We're grateful for the enthusiasm of our players, and for the help of our beta testers in getting the game ready for release. Now that Diablo III is live, we hope everyone's ready to have a hellishly good time slaying demons and collecting loot in Sanctuary."
Diablo III is available for PC and Mac either from retail or as a download from Battle.net.
- Sleeping Dogs follow-up Triad Wars is a PC-only online title
- Latest Destiny patch dials back the difficulty levels in some missions
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op reveal dated for tomorrow
- Blizzard finally cans Titan
- The Xbox One is now cheaper than the PS4 in the UK
- Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies open beta is live now
- Ultima creator's new game Shroud Of The Avatar gets Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days
- Arrowhead's Gauntlet reboot arrives on PC
- We are now a Steam Curator