EVE Online Inferno expansion dated
CCP has given the release date for the latest expansion pack for their space-based MMO EVE Online.
EVE Online Inferno will be a free update bringing a new Mercenary Marketplace, reworked War Declarations, upgraded visual effects for ships and even missiles and launchers, improved factional warfare for entry level players, Kill Reports, Unified Inventory and 16 new modules.
Senior producer Jon Lander stated, "There has never been a more exciting time to try EVE and become the spaceship pilot you always knew you should be. The EVE universe is, now more than ever, staggeringly ripe with possibilities for adventure, stories, profit and, well, really satisfying explosions with the new missile effects."
EVE Online Inferno is the 17th expansion for the game in its nine year history and will be released on the 22nd of May.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network