Minecraft becomes the fastest-selling game on Xbox Live
Minecraft has made a rather auspicious debut on Xbox Live becoming the fastest-selling game on the Xbox Live Marketplace ever.
The record has already been broken just a few weeks earlier by Red Lynx's Trials Evolution in an impressive manner selling over 100,000 within 24 hours of launch.
Within a day of launch Minecraft already had 459,000 entries on its leaderboard drawing a fearsomely large player base in such a short space of time.
Minecraft creator Markus 'Notch' Persson stated on his Twitter account that the XBLA version of the game had become profitable within an hour of release.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3