Minecraft becomes the fastest-selling game on Xbox Live
Minecraft has made a rather auspicious debut on Xbox Live becoming the fastest-selling game on the Xbox Live Marketplace ever.
The record has already been broken just a few weeks earlier by Red Lynx's Trials Evolution in an impressive manner selling over 100,000 within 24 hours of launch.
Within a day of launch Minecraft already had 459,000 entries on its leaderboard drawing a fearsomely large player base in such a short space of time.
Minecraft creator Markus 'Notch' Persson stated on his Twitter account that the XBLA version of the game had become profitable within an hour of release.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced