Minecraft becomes the fastest-selling game on Xbox Live
Minecraft has made a rather auspicious debut on Xbox Live becoming the fastest-selling game on the Xbox Live Marketplace ever.
The record has already been broken just a few weeks earlier by Red Lynx's Trials Evolution in an impressive manner selling over 100,000 within 24 hours of launch.
Within a day of launch Minecraft already had 459,000 entries on its leaderboard drawing a fearsomely large player base in such a short space of time.
Minecraft creator Markus 'Notch' Persson stated on his Twitter account that the XBLA version of the game had become profitable within an hour of release.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent