Minecraft becomes the fastest-selling game on Xbox Live
Minecraft has made a rather auspicious debut on Xbox Live becoming the fastest-selling game on the Xbox Live Marketplace ever.
The record has already been broken just a few weeks earlier by Red Lynx's Trials Evolution in an impressive manner selling over 100,000 within 24 hours of launch.
Within a day of launch Minecraft already had 459,000 entries on its leaderboard drawing a fearsomely large player base in such a short space of time.
Minecraft creator Markus 'Notch' Persson stated on his Twitter account that the XBLA version of the game had become profitable within an hour of release.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year