Minecraft becomes the fastest-selling game on Xbox Live
Minecraft has made a rather auspicious debut on Xbox Live becoming the fastest-selling game on the Xbox Live Marketplace ever.
The record has already been broken just a few weeks earlier by Red Lynx's Trials Evolution in an impressive manner selling over 100,000 within 24 hours of launch.
Within a day of launch Minecraft already had 459,000 entries on its leaderboard drawing a fearsomely large player base in such a short space of time.
Minecraft creator Markus 'Notch' Persson stated on his Twitter account that the XBLA version of the game had become profitable within an hour of release.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto