Rumour: IE finally coming to the Xbox Dashboard
Reports are appearing suggesting that Microsoft are working on an adaptation of Internet Explorer for the Xbox 360.
It would mean that the Xbox 360 will finally draw level with the Wii and the PS3 by offering full internet surfing support alongside its myriad of other online services.
As well as bringing IE to the Xbox Dashboard they are also working on full Kinect support allowing gesture and voice control of the 360's internet surfing experience.
The new service is believed to incorporate seamlessly with the existing Bing support allowing 360 users unprecedented access to the internet. Kinect is not believed to be required to use IE but the experience will be heavily optimised towards its use.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone