Atari Test Drive studio Eden Games close to closure
The team behind the reboots of the Test Drive and Alone In The Dark series has been all but closed by its parent company Atari.
As part of their efforts to stave off their recent losses Atari is refocusing their business on mobile gaming.
Sadly, Eden Games has become a casualty of this due to the poor performance of Test Drive Unlimited 2 which was poorly received when it launched at the beginning of 2011.
Most of Eden's staff had already been laid off last year and now they are winding up the business. Eden will retain a team maintaining the online services for Test Drive Unlimited 2 but all other operations have ceased.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing