Atari Test Drive studio Eden Games close to closure
The team behind the reboots of the Test Drive and Alone In The Dark series has been all but closed by its parent company Atari.
As part of their efforts to stave off their recent losses Atari is refocusing their business on mobile gaming.
Sadly, Eden Games has become a casualty of this due to the poor performance of Test Drive Unlimited 2 which was poorly received when it launched at the beginning of 2011.
Most of Eden's staff had already been laid off last year and now they are winding up the business. Eden will retain a team maintaining the online services for Test Drive Unlimited 2 but all other operations have ceased.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter