Atari Test Drive studio Eden Games close to closure
The team behind the reboots of the Test Drive and Alone In The Dark series has been all but closed by its parent company Atari.
As part of their efforts to stave off their recent losses Atari is refocusing their business on mobile gaming.
Sadly, Eden Games has become a casualty of this due to the poor performance of Test Drive Unlimited 2 which was poorly received when it launched at the beginning of 2011.
Most of Eden's staff had already been laid off last year and now they are winding up the business. Eden will retain a team maintaining the online services for Test Drive Unlimited 2 but all other operations have ceased.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny