Atari Test Drive studio Eden Games close to closure
The team behind the reboots of the Test Drive and Alone In The Dark series has been all but closed by its parent company Atari.
As part of their efforts to stave off their recent losses Atari is refocusing their business on mobile gaming.
Sadly, Eden Games has become a casualty of this due to the poor performance of Test Drive Unlimited 2 which was poorly received when it launched at the beginning of 2011.
Most of Eden's staff had already been laid off last year and now they are winding up the business. Eden will retain a team maintaining the online services for Test Drive Unlimited 2 but all other operations have ceased.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3