US student creates a real life Portal turret
One student at Penn State University has managed to create a turret modelled on those that protect the Aperture Science laboratories in Portal.
The prototyped turret is able to track moving targets and then shoot them in a manner similar to that of the Aperture turrets firing Nerf pellets instead of real bullets.
The turret was created as a final project for the student's Advanced Mechatronics course. It has a shell on the way to make it look identical to the Portal turrets and it even talks too.
A video of the turret in action is available to watch on YouTube and it is pretty impressive.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light