BioShock Infinite delayed till next year
2K Games and Irrational Games have announced that they have decided to delay the release of BioShock Infinite until 2013.
It was announced back in March that BioShock Infinite was to be released this October but Irrational has since decided that the game would be greatly improved if they delay the release by around six months.
Irrational creative boss Ken Levine said, "When we announced the release date of BioShock Infinite in March, we felt pretty good about the timing. Since then, weve uncovered opportunities to make Infinite into something even more extraordinary. Therefore, to give our talented team the time they need to deliver the best Infinite possible, weve decided to move the games release to February."
BioShock Infinite will now be released on February the 26th 2013 on PS3, PC and Xbox 360. Once it is released Irrational has indicated that they will switch work onto their proposed PS Vita BioShock project.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3