BioShock Infinite delayed till next year
2K Games and Irrational Games have announced that they have decided to delay the release of BioShock Infinite until 2013.
It was announced back in March that BioShock Infinite was to be released this October but Irrational has since decided that the game would be greatly improved if they delay the release by around six months.
Irrational creative boss Ken Levine said, "When we announced the release date of BioShock Infinite in March, we felt pretty good about the timing. Since then, weve uncovered opportunities to make Infinite into something even more extraordinary. Therefore, to give our talented team the time they need to deliver the best Infinite possible, weve decided to move the games release to February."
BioShock Infinite will now be released on February the 26th 2013 on PS3, PC and Xbox 360. Once it is released Irrational has indicated that they will switch work onto their proposed PS Vita BioShock project.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release