BioShock Infinite delayed till next year
2K Games and Irrational Games have announced that they have decided to delay the release of BioShock Infinite until 2013.
It was announced back in March that BioShock Infinite was to be released this October but Irrational has since decided that the game would be greatly improved if they delay the release by around six months.
Irrational creative boss Ken Levine said, "When we announced the release date of BioShock Infinite in March, we felt pretty good about the timing. Since then, weve uncovered opportunities to make Infinite into something even more extraordinary. Therefore, to give our talented team the time they need to deliver the best Infinite possible, weve decided to move the games release to February."
BioShock Infinite will now be released on February the 26th 2013 on PS3, PC and Xbox 360. Once it is released Irrational has indicated that they will switch work onto their proposed PS Vita BioShock project.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter