Rumour: Next-gen Xbox in production
More rumours have emerged surrounding the existence of the successor to the Xbox 360.
This time reports have indicated that the new console is going into production at Texas electronics firm Flextronics, the company responsible for building the Xbox 360.
It has already been rumoured that development kits for the new hardware, codenamed Durango, are in the hands of several major developers.
Microsoft has released a statement on the matter saying, "Xbox 360 has found new ways to extend its lifecycle like introducing the world to controller-free experiences with Kinect and re-inventing the console with a new dashboard and new entertainment content partnerships. We are always thinking about what is next for our platform and how to continue to defy the lifecycle convention. Beyond that we do not comment on rumours or speculation."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III