Black Ops II to dabble in branching narratives
More details have emerged on the details of the next Call Of Duty title Black Ops II including the return of the much loved zombie mode.
The main setting for Black Ops II will be a near-future setting including using an array of real-world prototypes in a full use setting.
Black Ops II will visit some past theatres like 1980s Afghanistan with a gun battle on horseback being mooted.
The major improvement in the works is the introduction of branching narratives meaning that success or failure at key points will influence how the story develops bringing a brand new level of experience to the Call Of Duty series.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3