Halo 4 getting its own live action web series
Microsoft are creating a web miniseries to help promote the launch of Halo 4 this November.
The web series, Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn will be a set of five 15-minute episodes to be released weekly on Machinima and Halo Waypoint to get Halo fans excited for the arrival of Halo 4.
The series will be as much about entertaining and providing more of the Halo story as it is about promoting the release of Halo 4 according to the new Halo studio 343 Industries.
343 Industries' Frank O'Connor explained, "'We want to see more so that we can explore the 'Halo' universe a little bit more. Demand grew more and more out of the two little vignettes we'd previously produced."
He continued, "[It is] an origins story that teaches you about a lot of different facets of the ('Halo') universe. We needed a way to ensure there was a way for people to get onboard this universe without feeling intimidated."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3