Silent Hunter to resurface as a free-to-play title
Ubisoft are currently working on a new free-to-play entry in their WWII submarine series Silent Hunter.
Silent Hunter Online is in development at The Settlers developer Blue Byte offering a completely new submarine simulation experience using Flash Player 11 to create an impressive 3D experience in browser.
At the heart of the new game is the continuous Battle For The Atlantic campaign with all players victories having an effect on the overall outcome through asynchronous gameplay. Players will also be able to tackle missions in co-op mode for the first time in the series.
Blue Byte's head of production, Christopher Schmitz said, "This is the most innovative Silent Hunter experience ever created and we can't wait to let our fans dive into the game."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3