Mamoru Oshii makes a Steel Battalion short
Mamoru Oshii the acclaimed Japanese film director behind Ghost in the Shell and Avalon has directed a short live-action film based on Steel Battalion.
Steel Battallion: Gosha centres on a Polish Vertical Tank pilot who is in command of her own squadron of Vertical Tanks. As she leads them into battle she also has to deal with the internal conflicts within the squad itself.
The game itself follows Sgt Powers as he commands a VT squad of his own in the battle to recover the United States from a Chinese occupation in a low tech war-torn world of 2082. The Vertical Tank is the weapon that could change the course of the war.
The short film is set to be released exclusively on Xbox Live before Steel Battalion is released on June 19th in North America and June 22nd in Europe.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan