Skype App arrives for the PS Vita
Skype is the latest social communication tool to become available for the PlayStation Vita.
The Skype app has been designed to take advantage of the PS Vita's specific capabilities. It can stay open in the background while games or other apps are in use although some of them disable network connections.
Users will also be able to switch between the front and back cameras on the PS Vita during calls allowing an impressive level of flexibility in what can be displayed during a video call.
Skype's Manrique Brenes said, "Our users appreciate being able to access Skype features wherever and whenever they choose. With the launch of Skype for PS Vita, we are taking another step towards our ultimate goal of making Skype video calling available on every platform, all over the world, and meeting the demands of existing PlayStation users to offer video on a gaming console."
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage
- Remedy casts a Hobbit and an X-Man in Quantum Theory
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria