Skype App arrives for the PS Vita
Skype is the latest social communication tool to become available for the PlayStation Vita.
The Skype app has been designed to take advantage of the PS Vita's specific capabilities. It can stay open in the background while games or other apps are in use although some of them disable network connections.
Users will also be able to switch between the front and back cameras on the PS Vita during calls allowing an impressive level of flexibility in what can be displayed during a video call.
Skype's Manrique Brenes said, "Our users appreciate being able to access Skype features wherever and whenever they choose. With the launch of Skype for PS Vita, we are taking another step towards our ultimate goal of making Skype video calling available on every platform, all over the world, and meeting the demands of existing PlayStation users to offer video on a gaming console."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer