Skype App arrives for the PS Vita
Skype is the latest social communication tool to become available for the PlayStation Vita.
The Skype app has been designed to take advantage of the PS Vita's specific capabilities. It can stay open in the background while games or other apps are in use although some of them disable network connections.
Users will also be able to switch between the front and back cameras on the PS Vita during calls allowing an impressive level of flexibility in what can be displayed during a video call.
Skype's Manrique Brenes said, "Our users appreciate being able to access Skype features wherever and whenever they choose. With the launch of Skype for PS Vita, we are taking another step towards our ultimate goal of making Skype video calling available on every platform, all over the world, and meeting the demands of existing PlayStation users to offer video on a gaming console."
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft