Skype App arrives for the PS Vita
Skype is the latest social communication tool to become available for the PlayStation Vita.
The Skype app has been designed to take advantage of the PS Vita's specific capabilities. It can stay open in the background while games or other apps are in use although some of them disable network connections.
Users will also be able to switch between the front and back cameras on the PS Vita during calls allowing an impressive level of flexibility in what can be displayed during a video call.
Skype's Manrique Brenes said, "Our users appreciate being able to access Skype features wherever and whenever they choose. With the launch of Skype for PS Vita, we are taking another step towards our ultimate goal of making Skype video calling available on every platform, all over the world, and meeting the demands of existing PlayStation users to offer video on a gaming console."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter