Valve's Gabe Newell makes cryptic references to Half-Life 3 development issues
The boss and co-founder of Valve, Gabe Newell has been making some slightly cryptic references to the reasons for Half-Life 3's very long delay.
Newell chose to refer to a project as 'Ricochet 2' while talking about developers wrestling with development issues that would drive fans more mad than their silence on the matter.
He explained, "In terms of Ricochet 2, we always have this problem that when we talk about things too far in advance. We end up changing our minds as we're going through and developing stuff, so as we're thinking through the giant story arc which is Ricochet 2, you might get to a point where you're saying something is surprising us in a positive way and something is surprising us in a negative way, and, you know, we'd like to be super-transparent about the future of Ricochet 2."
The problem is, Newell continued, "we think that the twists and turns that we're going through would probably drive people more crazy than just being silent about it, until we can be very crisp about what's happening next."
Although it is possible that this is in reference to the sequel to Ricochet, one of the first games ever released on Steam there are no indications that such a title is in development and it is much more likely that he is using it as a pseudonym for Half-Life 3.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May