New Super Mario Bros 2 springs into view for the 3DS
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has revealed that the 3DS will be getting yet another Mario game this autumn in the form of New Super Mario Bros 2.
The released screenshots seem to show that the game will not deviate all that much from the formula of its DS and Wii predecessors but time around Mario will have access to the Tanooki suit.
Iwata did say that the game was to be designed as much more of a drop-in drop-out experience which would seemingly be ideal for Nintendo's handheld.
New Super Mario Bros 2 will be released in Europe this coming August.
Thanks Nintendo Gamer.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3