Rumour: Contract issues may be holding up Prey 2
It has emerged that Human Head may not have worked on Prey 2 since November due to contract issues.
According to a source close to Human Head they ceased work on Prey 2 back in November in order to force Bethesda parent ZeniMax to renegotiate their contract.
Bethesda released a statement in response to the rumours saying, "Development of Prey 2 has not been cancelled but the game will not be released in 2012 as planned."
It continued, "The delay is due to the fact that game development has not progressed satisfactorily this past year, and the game does not currently meet our quality standards. Prey 2 has shown great promise and we regret disappointing our fans. We have made a substantial investment in game development to deliver the experience fans want. We are determined only to release the triple-A game that fans rightfully expect, and are unwilling to compromise our quality standards to meet a release schedule."
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year