Rumour: Contract issues may be holding up Prey 2
It has emerged that Human Head may not have worked on Prey 2 since November due to contract issues.
According to a source close to Human Head they ceased work on Prey 2 back in November in order to force Bethesda parent ZeniMax to renegotiate their contract.
Bethesda released a statement in response to the rumours saying, "Development of Prey 2 has not been cancelled but the game will not be released in 2012 as planned."
It continued, "The delay is due to the fact that game development has not progressed satisfactorily this past year, and the game does not currently meet our quality standards. Prey 2 has shown great promise and we regret disappointing our fans. We have made a substantial investment in game development to deliver the experience fans want. We are determined only to release the triple-A game that fans rightfully expect, and are unwilling to compromise our quality standards to meet a release schedule."
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015