Rumour: Contract issues may be holding up Prey 2
It has emerged that Human Head may not have worked on Prey 2 since November due to contract issues.
According to a source close to Human Head they ceased work on Prey 2 back in November in order to force Bethesda parent ZeniMax to renegotiate their contract.
Bethesda released a statement in response to the rumours saying, "Development of Prey 2 has not been cancelled but the game will not be released in 2012 as planned."
It continued, "The delay is due to the fact that game development has not progressed satisfactorily this past year, and the game does not currently meet our quality standards. Prey 2 has shown great promise and we regret disappointing our fans. We have made a substantial investment in game development to deliver the experience fans want. We are determined only to release the triple-A game that fans rightfully expect, and are unwilling to compromise our quality standards to meet a release schedule."
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side