Sleeping Dogs given a US release date
United Front's True Crime reboot, now renamed Sleeping Dogs has been given a release date for North America.
Set in Hong Kong, Sleeping Dogs drops sandbox shooter fans into the seedy underworld of Triad gangs as an undercover cop trying to take down the city's most dangerous gangsters with a combination of explosive weapon skills and brutal martial arts including an array of environmental kills using everyday items from circular saws to refrigerator doors.
Sleeping Dogs (originally named True Crime: Hong Kong) was abandoned by Activision in early 2011 due to fears that it would not compete with GTA and Saints Row despite showing well. Square Enix came to the rescue however and picked up the game which was very near to completion.
It will now arrive Stateside on August the 14th for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year