Sleeping Dogs given a US release date
United Front's True Crime reboot, now renamed Sleeping Dogs has been given a release date for North America.
Set in Hong Kong, Sleeping Dogs drops sandbox shooter fans into the seedy underworld of Triad gangs as an undercover cop trying to take down the city's most dangerous gangsters with a combination of explosive weapon skills and brutal martial arts including an array of environmental kills using everyday items from circular saws to refrigerator doors.
Sleeping Dogs (originally named True Crime: Hong Kong) was abandoned by Activision in early 2011 due to fears that it would not compete with GTA and Saints Row despite showing well. Square Enix came to the rescue however and picked up the game which was very near to completion.
It will now arrive Stateside on August the 14th for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3