Sleeping Dogs given a US release date
United Front's True Crime reboot, now renamed Sleeping Dogs has been given a release date for North America.
Set in Hong Kong, Sleeping Dogs drops sandbox shooter fans into the seedy underworld of Triad gangs as an undercover cop trying to take down the city's most dangerous gangsters with a combination of explosive weapon skills and brutal martial arts including an array of environmental kills using everyday items from circular saws to refrigerator doors.
Sleeping Dogs (originally named True Crime: Hong Kong) was abandoned by Activision in early 2011 due to fears that it would not compete with GTA and Saints Row despite showing well. Square Enix came to the rescue however and picked up the game which was very near to completion.
It will now arrive Stateside on August the 14th for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too
- Deep Down to be a no-show at this year's Tokyo Games Show