Sleeping Dogs given a US release date
United Front's True Crime reboot, now renamed Sleeping Dogs has been given a release date for North America.
Set in Hong Kong, Sleeping Dogs drops sandbox shooter fans into the seedy underworld of Triad gangs as an undercover cop trying to take down the city's most dangerous gangsters with a combination of explosive weapon skills and brutal martial arts including an array of environmental kills using everyday items from circular saws to refrigerator doors.
Sleeping Dogs (originally named True Crime: Hong Kong) was abandoned by Activision in early 2011 due to fears that it would not compete with GTA and Saints Row despite showing well. Square Enix came to the rescue however and picked up the game which was very near to completion.
It will now arrive Stateside on August the 14th for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year