Sleeping Dogs given a US release date
United Front's True Crime reboot, now renamed Sleeping Dogs has been given a release date for North America.
Set in Hong Kong, Sleeping Dogs drops sandbox shooter fans into the seedy underworld of Triad gangs as an undercover cop trying to take down the city's most dangerous gangsters with a combination of explosive weapon skills and brutal martial arts including an array of environmental kills using everyday items from circular saws to refrigerator doors.
Sleeping Dogs (originally named True Crime: Hong Kong) was abandoned by Activision in early 2011 due to fears that it would not compete with GTA and Saints Row despite showing well. Square Enix came to the rescue however and picked up the game which was very near to completion.
It will now arrive Stateside on August the 14th for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer