Super Mario for the Wii U set for an E3 unveiling
Nintendo is primed to reveal a Wii U Super Mario game alongside the finished hardware at this year's E3.
The news was broken by Shigeru Miyamoto to Spanish newspaper El Mundo. In the interview he also mentioned a new Pikmin title.
He said, "I'm working on several projects but I think that I cannot talk about them all. Some are small but important projects for Wii U. Also on a new Pikmin, which will take advantage of the new HD screen resolution, and on Luigi's Mansion for 3DS."
Nintendo later confirmed the news in a statement to Eurogamer saying, "In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U system will be shown at this year's E3 Expo. We'll have more to announce about our plans for the E3 Expo at a later date."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch