Super Mario for the Wii U set for an E3 unveiling
Nintendo is primed to reveal a Wii U Super Mario game alongside the finished hardware at this year's E3.
The news was broken by Shigeru Miyamoto to Spanish newspaper El Mundo. In the interview he also mentioned a new Pikmin title.
He said, "I'm working on several projects but I think that I cannot talk about them all. Some are small but important projects for Wii U. Also on a new Pikmin, which will take advantage of the new HD screen resolution, and on Luigi's Mansion for 3DS."
Nintendo later confirmed the news in a statement to Eurogamer saying, "In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U system will be shown at this year's E3 Expo. We'll have more to announce about our plans for the E3 Expo at a later date."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3