Super Mario for the Wii U set for an E3 unveiling
Nintendo is primed to reveal a Wii U Super Mario game alongside the finished hardware at this year's E3.
The news was broken by Shigeru Miyamoto to Spanish newspaper El Mundo. In the interview he also mentioned a new Pikmin title.
He said, "I'm working on several projects but I think that I cannot talk about them all. Some are small but important projects for Wii U. Also on a new Pikmin, which will take advantage of the new HD screen resolution, and on Luigi's Mansion for 3DS."
Nintendo later confirmed the news in a statement to Eurogamer saying, "In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U system will be shown at this year's E3 Expo. We'll have more to announce about our plans for the E3 Expo at a later date."
Thanks Edge Online.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine