Patrick Bach stepping up to lead DICE
DICE boss Karl-Magnus Troedsson will shortly be taking paternity leave and Battlefield 3 executive producer Patrick Bach will be running DICE in his absence.
DICE actively encourages new parents to spend as much time as possible beyond the EU's baseline of two weeks paid leave around the birth of their children.
Bach said, "I think it is a bit unique at a big company, and certainly in the gaming industry, but we want the people working at DICE to see their job as a long time investment."
The Swedish studio has experienced plenty of success recently including beating Modern Warfare 3 to the fan vote for the GAME Award for Battlefield 3 at last month's video game BAFTA Awards.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3