Patrick Bach stepping up to lead DICE
DICE boss Karl-Magnus Troedsson will shortly be taking paternity leave and Battlefield 3 executive producer Patrick Bach will be running DICE in his absence.
DICE actively encourages new parents to spend as much time as possible beyond the EU's baseline of two weeks paid leave around the birth of their children.
Bach said, "I think it is a bit unique at a big company, and certainly in the gaming industry, but we want the people working at DICE to see their job as a long time investment."
The Swedish studio has experienced plenty of success recently including beating Modern Warfare 3 to the fan vote for the GAME Award for Battlefield 3 at last month's video game BAFTA Awards.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing