Patrick Bach stepping up to lead DICE
DICE boss Karl-Magnus Troedsson will shortly be taking paternity leave and Battlefield 3 executive producer Patrick Bach will be running DICE in his absence.
DICE actively encourages new parents to spend as much time as possible beyond the EU's baseline of two weeks paid leave around the birth of their children.
Bach said, "I think it is a bit unique at a big company, and certainly in the gaming industry, but we want the people working at DICE to see their job as a long time investment."
The Swedish studio has experienced plenty of success recently including beating Modern Warfare 3 to the fan vote for the GAME Award for Battlefield 3 at last month's video game BAFTA Awards.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag