Patrick Bach stepping up to lead DICE
DICE boss Karl-Magnus Troedsson will shortly be taking paternity leave and Battlefield 3 executive producer Patrick Bach will be running DICE in his absence.
DICE actively encourages new parents to spend as much time as possible beyond the EU's baseline of two weeks paid leave around the birth of their children.
Bach said, "I think it is a bit unique at a big company, and certainly in the gaming industry, but we want the people working at DICE to see their job as a long time investment."
The Swedish studio has experienced plenty of success recently including beating Modern Warfare 3 to the fan vote for the GAME Award for Battlefield 3 at last month's video game BAFTA Awards.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer