Patrick Bach stepping up to lead DICE
DICE boss Karl-Magnus Troedsson will shortly be taking paternity leave and Battlefield 3 executive producer Patrick Bach will be running DICE in his absence.
DICE actively encourages new parents to spend as much time as possible beyond the EU's baseline of two weeks paid leave around the birth of their children.
Bach said, "I think it is a bit unique at a big company, and certainly in the gaming industry, but we want the people working at DICE to see their job as a long time investment."
The Swedish studio has experienced plenty of success recently including beating Modern Warfare 3 to the fan vote for the GAME Award for Battlefield 3 at last month's video game BAFTA Awards.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015