Games business focus to save Sony
Sony has outlined its plans to turn their business around after projecting a record 6.4 billion USD loss for the 2011 financial year.
With Kaz Hirai taking over as CEO from Howard Stringer Sony is shifting their focus onto the entertainment facets of the business with a new strategy that relies heavily on the success of the PS3, PS Vita alongside Sony Entertainment Network across all devices and providing richer experiences for Sony tablet and VAIO devices.
This new initiative dubbed 'One Sony' will also mean that Sony will focus on improving their online services, boosting the number of downloadable Vita and PS3 titles available on PlayStation Store and improving the effectiveness of subscription services on SEN.
Sadly, as part of their streamlining processes in response to the record losses Sony is believed to be preparing to shed 10,000 jobs world wide.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light