3DS remake of Zelda: A Link To The Past is a possibility says Miyamoto
Legend of Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto is looking at the possibility of producing a 3DS remake of the SNES classic RPG The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past.
Miyamoto stressed in an interview with Edge Magazine that he was much more interested in producing a full 3D remake of A Link To The Past rather than merely porting the SNES original over to their new portable.
"I think the answer would be the same if we're talking about just porting," he began, "but I think I'd be even more interested in creating something new maybe based on, or starting from, A Link To The Past. I think it's important to bring some really new software."
Miyamoto continued, "To be very honest and open, it really depends on the directors that have time at the moment as well. Some directors, I can give them the title and I know they will do something great with it. Other directors I'm not so 100 per cent confident, so they're the ones I'd rather take a more remake approach to the title. It really depends on that as well."
The possibility of a remake of The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past is every bit as exciting as the remake of the Ocarina Of Time was and we hope that Miyamoto and co will be able to follow through on this.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto