3DS remake of Zelda: A Link To The Past is a possibility says Miyamoto
Legend of Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto is looking at the possibility of producing a 3DS remake of the SNES classic RPG The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past.
Miyamoto stressed in an interview with Edge Magazine that he was much more interested in producing a full 3D remake of A Link To The Past rather than merely porting the SNES original over to their new portable.
"I think the answer would be the same if we're talking about just porting," he began, "but I think I'd be even more interested in creating something new maybe based on, or starting from, A Link To The Past. I think it's important to bring some really new software."
Miyamoto continued, "To be very honest and open, it really depends on the directors that have time at the moment as well. Some directors, I can give them the title and I know they will do something great with it. Other directors I'm not so 100 per cent confident, so they're the ones I'd rather take a more remake approach to the title. It really depends on that as well."
The possibility of a remake of The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past is every bit as exciting as the remake of the Ocarina Of Time was and we hope that Miyamoto and co will be able to follow through on this.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam