3DS remake of Zelda: A Link To The Past is a possibility says Miyamoto
Legend of Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto is looking at the possibility of producing a 3DS remake of the SNES classic RPG The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past.
Miyamoto stressed in an interview with Edge Magazine that he was much more interested in producing a full 3D remake of A Link To The Past rather than merely porting the SNES original over to their new portable.
"I think the answer would be the same if we're talking about just porting," he began, "but I think I'd be even more interested in creating something new maybe based on, or starting from, A Link To The Past. I think it's important to bring some really new software."
Miyamoto continued, "To be very honest and open, it really depends on the directors that have time at the moment as well. Some directors, I can give them the title and I know they will do something great with it. Other directors I'm not so 100 per cent confident, so they're the ones I'd rather take a more remake approach to the title. It really depends on that as well."
The possibility of a remake of The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past is every bit as exciting as the remake of the Ocarina Of Time was and we hope that Miyamoto and co will be able to follow through on this.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi