Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC will not change the ending
BioWare has clarified what their plans are for their free Extended Cut DLC for Mass Effect 3.
They have played down any talk of actually changing the ending in any way instead opting to flesh out the way the game ends answering many of the questions that a majority of fans felt were left unanswered.
Mike Gamble producer at BioWare explained, "To be clear, the extended cut is not a re-imagining of the ending or a new ending. We want to give more closure about some of the questions you have and in general we wanted to give the players a sense of personalisation with the endings. Many people mentioned that some of the choices they made in the game are not necessarily reflected in the ending scenes."
"We're definitely going to focus on things like that," Gamble continued. "We want to make sure that when you see the ending of Mass Effect, you now have the information and context to be satisfied. Its more than just a few cinematic scenes."
The Extended Cut DLC will be launched on PSN, Xbox Live and Origin some time in the summer.
Thanks Penny Arcade.
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year
- CD Projekt RED addresses visual downgrade issues with The Witcher 3
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new trailer featuring the Nine Inch Nails
- This year's Need For Speed is bringing back the narrative
- No Bard's Tale IV on consoles, InXile not ruling it out though