Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC will not change the ending
BioWare has clarified what their plans are for their free Extended Cut DLC for Mass Effect 3.
They have played down any talk of actually changing the ending in any way instead opting to flesh out the way the game ends answering many of the questions that a majority of fans felt were left unanswered.
Mike Gamble producer at BioWare explained, "To be clear, the extended cut is not a re-imagining of the ending or a new ending. We want to give more closure about some of the questions you have and in general we wanted to give the players a sense of personalisation with the endings. Many people mentioned that some of the choices they made in the game are not necessarily reflected in the ending scenes."
"We're definitely going to focus on things like that," Gamble continued. "We want to make sure that when you see the ending of Mass Effect, you now have the information and context to be satisfied. Its more than just a few cinematic scenes."
The Extended Cut DLC will be launched on PSN, Xbox Live and Origin some time in the summer.
Thanks Penny Arcade.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon