Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC will not change the ending
BioWare has clarified what their plans are for their free Extended Cut DLC for Mass Effect 3.
They have played down any talk of actually changing the ending in any way instead opting to flesh out the way the game ends answering many of the questions that a majority of fans felt were left unanswered.
Mike Gamble producer at BioWare explained, "To be clear, the extended cut is not a re-imagining of the ending or a new ending. We want to give more closure about some of the questions you have and in general we wanted to give the players a sense of personalisation with the endings. Many people mentioned that some of the choices they made in the game are not necessarily reflected in the ending scenes."
"We're definitely going to focus on things like that," Gamble continued. "We want to make sure that when you see the ending of Mass Effect, you now have the information and context to be satisfied. Its more than just a few cinematic scenes."
The Extended Cut DLC will be launched on PSN, Xbox Live and Origin some time in the summer.
Thanks Penny Arcade.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit