Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC will not change the ending
BioWare has clarified what their plans are for their free Extended Cut DLC for Mass Effect 3.
They have played down any talk of actually changing the ending in any way instead opting to flesh out the way the game ends answering many of the questions that a majority of fans felt were left unanswered.
Mike Gamble producer at BioWare explained, "To be clear, the extended cut is not a re-imagining of the ending or a new ending. We want to give more closure about some of the questions you have and in general we wanted to give the players a sense of personalisation with the endings. Many people mentioned that some of the choices they made in the game are not necessarily reflected in the ending scenes."
"We're definitely going to focus on things like that," Gamble continued. "We want to make sure that when you see the ending of Mass Effect, you now have the information and context to be satisfied. Its more than just a few cinematic scenes."
The Extended Cut DLC will be launched on PSN, Xbox Live and Origin some time in the summer.
Thanks Penny Arcade.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3