Tekken Tag Tournament 2 release confirmed for the autumn
Namco Bandai has announced a release date for this year's entry in the Tekken series, Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
The return of Tekken Tag Tournament brings with it the biggest roster ever in a Tekken title with over 50 characters all with expanded move sets. There's also the new four player Pair Play mode allowing Tekken fans to team up and take on each other.
Players can also fire up the new Fight Lab mode. This mode allows players to finely hone their Tag Tournament skills using a custom created training character called a Combot.
Katsuhiro Harada, Tekken project director said, Tekken Tag Tournament is one of the most beloved entries in the Tekken series not just among fans but also for myself and the entire development team, so crafting the sequel has been a labour of love for everyone here. To truly make this game stand up to the high benchmark set by the original, we have injected some exciting features and modes that will revolutionize the online fighting game community and allow new players to enjoy and master the game so there will be something for everyone.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be out for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 some time this September.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title