Tekken Tag Tournament 2 release confirmed for the autumn
Namco Bandai has announced a release date for this year's entry in the Tekken series, Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
The return of Tekken Tag Tournament brings with it the biggest roster ever in a Tekken title with over 50 characters all with expanded move sets. There's also the new four player Pair Play mode allowing Tekken fans to team up and take on each other.
Players can also fire up the new Fight Lab mode. This mode allows players to finely hone their Tag Tournament skills using a custom created training character called a Combot.
Katsuhiro Harada, Tekken project director said, Tekken Tag Tournament is one of the most beloved entries in the Tekken series not just among fans but also for myself and the entire development team, so crafting the sequel has been a labour of love for everyone here. To truly make this game stand up to the high benchmark set by the original, we have injected some exciting features and modes that will revolutionize the online fighting game community and allow new players to enjoy and master the game so there will be something for everyone.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be out for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 some time this September.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent