Rumour: Grand Theft Auto V aiming for October release
Some firm rumours have appeared to indicate that Grand Theft Auto V may be released as soon as October.
The information originated from the CV and LinkedIn profile of a Rockstar North employee, character animator Alex O'Dwyer suggesting that GTA V is due in October.
The CV and LinkedIn entry have since been pulled but it would be an odd choice for Take-Two given that BioShock Infinite is due out in October and Rockstar have Max Panye 3 out this year.
Analysts such as Stern Agee's Arvind Bhatia have suggested that GTA V is more likely to appear some time between March and May 2013. GameStop has agreed with this assessment as they have not mentioned GTA V as part of their plans for the 2012/2013 financial year. It is also worth noting that GTA V is also absent from Take-Two's plans for the current financial year which would seem to confirm a release in 2013.
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World