Rumour: Grand Theft Auto V aiming for October release
Some firm rumours have appeared to indicate that Grand Theft Auto V may be released as soon as October.
The information originated from the CV and LinkedIn profile of a Rockstar North employee, character animator Alex O'Dwyer suggesting that GTA V is due in October.
The CV and LinkedIn entry have since been pulled but it would be an odd choice for Take-Two given that BioShock Infinite is due out in October and Rockstar have Max Panye 3 out this year.
Analysts such as Stern Agee's Arvind Bhatia have suggested that GTA V is more likely to appear some time between March and May 2013. GameStop has agreed with this assessment as they have not mentioned GTA V as part of their plans for the 2012/2013 financial year. It is also worth noting that GTA V is also absent from Take-Two's plans for the current financial year which would seem to confirm a release in 2013.
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016