Rumour: Grand Theft Auto V aiming for October release
Some firm rumours have appeared to indicate that Grand Theft Auto V may be released as soon as October.
The information originated from the CV and LinkedIn profile of a Rockstar North employee, character animator Alex O'Dwyer suggesting that GTA V is due in October.
The CV and LinkedIn entry have since been pulled but it would be an odd choice for Take-Two given that BioShock Infinite is due out in October and Rockstar have Max Panye 3 out this year.
Analysts such as Stern Agee's Arvind Bhatia have suggested that GTA V is more likely to appear some time between March and May 2013. GameStop has agreed with this assessment as they have not mentioned GTA V as part of their plans for the 2012/2013 financial year. It is also worth noting that GTA V is also absent from Take-Two's plans for the current financial year which would seem to confirm a release in 2013.
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One