Rumour: Grand Theft Auto V aiming for October release
Some firm rumours have appeared to indicate that Grand Theft Auto V may be released as soon as October.
The information originated from the CV and LinkedIn profile of a Rockstar North employee, character animator Alex O'Dwyer suggesting that GTA V is due in October.
The CV and LinkedIn entry have since been pulled but it would be an odd choice for Take-Two given that BioShock Infinite is due out in October and Rockstar have Max Panye 3 out this year.
Analysts such as Stern Agee's Arvind Bhatia have suggested that GTA V is more likely to appear some time between March and May 2013. GameStop has agreed with this assessment as they have not mentioned GTA V as part of their plans for the 2012/2013 financial year. It is also worth noting that GTA V is also absent from Take-Two's plans for the current financial year which would seem to confirm a release in 2013.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update