Rumour: Grand Theft Auto V aiming for October release
Some firm rumours have appeared to indicate that Grand Theft Auto V may be released as soon as October.
The information originated from the CV and LinkedIn profile of a Rockstar North employee, character animator Alex O'Dwyer suggesting that GTA V is due in October.
The CV and LinkedIn entry have since been pulled but it would be an odd choice for Take-Two given that BioShock Infinite is due out in October and Rockstar have Max Panye 3 out this year.
Analysts such as Stern Agee's Arvind Bhatia have suggested that GTA V is more likely to appear some time between March and May 2013. GameStop has agreed with this assessment as they have not mentioned GTA V as part of their plans for the 2012/2013 financial year. It is also worth noting that GTA V is also absent from Take-Two's plans for the current financial year which would seem to confirm a release in 2013.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update