BioWare announces free Extended Cut DLC for Mass Effect 3 to address ending issues
After the outpouring of community complaints over the ending of Mass Effect 3 BioWare has announced some downloadable content to address the issues raised.
They have revealed that they are working on a brand new Extended Cut DLC pack that will reveal deeper insights into the ending of the game for free on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Dr Ray Muzyka, co-founder of BioWare said, "We are all incredibly proud of Mass Effect 3 and the work done by Casey Hudson and the team. Since launch, we have had time to listen to the feedback from our most passionate fans and we are responding. With the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut we think we have struck a good balance in delivering the answers players are looking for while maintaining the teams artistic vision for the end of this story arc in the Mass Effect universe."
Executive producer on Mass Effect 3, Casey Hudson added, "We have reprioritised our post-launch development efforts to provide the fans who want more closure with even more context and clarity to the ending of the game, in a way that will feel more personalized for each player."
The Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut DLC will be available some time this summer.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title