BioWare announces free Extended Cut DLC for Mass Effect 3 to address ending issues
After the outpouring of community complaints over the ending of Mass Effect 3 BioWare has announced some downloadable content to address the issues raised.
They have revealed that they are working on a brand new Extended Cut DLC pack that will reveal deeper insights into the ending of the game for free on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Dr Ray Muzyka, co-founder of BioWare said, "We are all incredibly proud of Mass Effect 3 and the work done by Casey Hudson and the team. Since launch, we have had time to listen to the feedback from our most passionate fans and we are responding. With the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut we think we have struck a good balance in delivering the answers players are looking for while maintaining the teams artistic vision for the end of this story arc in the Mass Effect universe."
Executive producer on Mass Effect 3, Casey Hudson added, "We have reprioritised our post-launch development efforts to provide the fans who want more closure with even more context and clarity to the ending of the game, in a way that will feel more personalized for each player."
The Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut DLC will be available some time this summer.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine