BioWare announces free Extended Cut DLC for Mass Effect 3 to address ending issues
After the outpouring of community complaints over the ending of Mass Effect 3 BioWare has announced some downloadable content to address the issues raised.
They have revealed that they are working on a brand new Extended Cut DLC pack that will reveal deeper insights into the ending of the game for free on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Dr Ray Muzyka, co-founder of BioWare said, "We are all incredibly proud of Mass Effect 3 and the work done by Casey Hudson and the team. Since launch, we have had time to listen to the feedback from our most passionate fans and we are responding. With the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut we think we have struck a good balance in delivering the answers players are looking for while maintaining the teams artistic vision for the end of this story arc in the Mass Effect universe."
Executive producer on Mass Effect 3, Casey Hudson added, "We have reprioritised our post-launch development efforts to provide the fans who want more closure with even more context and clarity to the ending of the game, in a way that will feel more personalized for each player."
The Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut DLC will be available some time this summer.
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015
- The PS4 is just a bit more powerful says Metro Redux developer, short documentary on the collection arrives
- Saints Row devs, Volition to reveal their new project at PAX Prime
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement