Rumour: Durango will feature Blu-Ray and need always-on net connection
Today's rumour-mill has turned to the next generation of Xbox, codenamed Durango suggesting some interesting developments in its hardware specification.
According to VG247, multiple sources are suggesting that Durango will come fitted with a Blu-Ray drive contradicting other rumours that it will use some form of solid state media.
There is also suggestions that the new Xbox will require a constant connection to the internet which will function as part of the new console's DRM system.
Hardware rumours also point to either a four or a six-core processor along with two independently-functioning graphics processors based on the AMD 7000 series.
Again all the chatter here points to a release some time in 2013 but Microsoft firmly deny any suggestion of a 2012 unveiling.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III