Rumour: Durango will feature Blu-Ray and need always-on net connection
Today's rumour-mill has turned to the next generation of Xbox, codenamed Durango suggesting some interesting developments in its hardware specification.
According to VG247, multiple sources are suggesting that Durango will come fitted with a Blu-Ray drive contradicting other rumours that it will use some form of solid state media.
There is also suggestions that the new Xbox will require a constant connection to the internet which will function as part of the new console's DRM system.
Hardware rumours also point to either a four or a six-core processor along with two independently-functioning graphics processors based on the AMD 7000 series.
Again all the chatter here points to a release some time in 2013 but Microsoft firmly deny any suggestion of a 2012 unveiling.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free