Rumour: Durango will feature Blu-Ray and need always-on net connection
Today's rumour-mill has turned to the next generation of Xbox, codenamed Durango suggesting some interesting developments in its hardware specification.
According to VG247, multiple sources are suggesting that Durango will come fitted with a Blu-Ray drive contradicting other rumours that it will use some form of solid state media.
There is also suggestions that the new Xbox will require a constant connection to the internet which will function as part of the new console's DRM system.
Hardware rumours also point to either a four or a six-core processor along with two independently-functioning graphics processors based on the AMD 7000 series.
Again all the chatter here points to a release some time in 2013 but Microsoft firmly deny any suggestion of a 2012 unveiling.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3