Rumour: Durango will feature Blu-Ray and need always-on net connection
Today's rumour-mill has turned to the next generation of Xbox, codenamed Durango suggesting some interesting developments in its hardware specification.
According to VG247, multiple sources are suggesting that Durango will come fitted with a Blu-Ray drive contradicting other rumours that it will use some form of solid state media.
There is also suggestions that the new Xbox will require a constant connection to the internet which will function as part of the new console's DRM system.
Hardware rumours also point to either a four or a six-core processor along with two independently-functioning graphics processors based on the AMD 7000 series.
Again all the chatter here points to a release some time in 2013 but Microsoft firmly deny any suggestion of a 2012 unveiling.
- More details drop on Destiny's upcoming House Of Wolves expansion
- Far Cry 4: Complete Edition is on its way, just not for Xbox One
- Pre-House Of Wolves patch hits Destiny today, won't be activated until a later date
- SEGA will not have a booth at E3 this year
- Hearthstone hits 30 million registered users
- Oculus Rift confirms the VR headset will launch for consumers early in 2016
- Microsoft confirms DirectX 12 will allow PC users to use multiple graphics processors
- First images from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 appear
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow