EA: UEFA Euro 2012 coming as DLC for FIFA 12 to provide a better experience for fans
EA has explained their reasoning behind choosing to release their UEFA Euro 2012 effort as DLC for FIFA 12 instead of a stand-alone title.
Steve Frost, communications manager at EA revealed that the decision was taken in order to provide the best possible gaming experience for FIFA fans.
Frost began, "We felt this was the best way to extend that experience and deliver fresh new content to our fans."
He continued, "We expect footy fans will want the opportunity to play UEFA Euro 2012 and experience what it takes to win the tournament under the same conditions their favourite nation will face in the weeks ahead. We expect that some fans who may not have FIFA 12 will want to play Euro 2012 and therefore purchase both, but the bigger opportunity for us is to offer our loyal and passionate FIFA fans new content."
UEFA Euro 2012 will be available as DLC for FIFA 12 from April the 24th.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year