EA: UEFA Euro 2012 coming as DLC for FIFA 12 to provide a better experience for fans
EA has explained their reasoning behind choosing to release their UEFA Euro 2012 effort as DLC for FIFA 12 instead of a stand-alone title.
Steve Frost, communications manager at EA revealed that the decision was taken in order to provide the best possible gaming experience for FIFA fans.
Frost began, "We felt this was the best way to extend that experience and deliver fresh new content to our fans."
He continued, "We expect footy fans will want the opportunity to play UEFA Euro 2012 and experience what it takes to win the tournament under the same conditions their favourite nation will face in the weeks ahead. We expect that some fans who may not have FIFA 12 will want to play Euro 2012 and therefore purchase both, but the bigger opportunity for us is to offer our loyal and passionate FIFA fans new content."
UEFA Euro 2012 will be available as DLC for FIFA 12 from April the 24th.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side