EA: UEFA Euro 2012 coming as DLC for FIFA 12 to provide a better experience for fans
EA has explained their reasoning behind choosing to release their UEFA Euro 2012 effort as DLC for FIFA 12 instead of a stand-alone title.
Steve Frost, communications manager at EA revealed that the decision was taken in order to provide the best possible gaming experience for FIFA fans.
Frost began, "We felt this was the best way to extend that experience and deliver fresh new content to our fans."
He continued, "We expect footy fans will want the opportunity to play UEFA Euro 2012 and experience what it takes to win the tournament under the same conditions their favourite nation will face in the weeks ahead. We expect that some fans who may not have FIFA 12 will want to play Euro 2012 and therefore purchase both, but the bigger opportunity for us is to offer our loyal and passionate FIFA fans new content."
UEFA Euro 2012 will be available as DLC for FIFA 12 from April the 24th.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users