THQ will lose a further 120 development jobs
THQ is preparing to axe a further 120 jobs in their development base as they attempt to recover from their losses caused chiefly by the disasterous uDraw tablet.
The job losses are also caused by their inability to find a partner to fund the continued development of Warhammer 40K Dark Millennium as an MMO.
Darksiders and Dark Millennium studio, Vigil Games will shed 80 staff from their operations in Texas and Relic Entertainment in Vancouver will lose 40 staff.
The publisher has already cut over 270 jobs since December and CEO Brian Farrell has taken a temporary 50 percent pay cut in order to try and turn the business around and avoid having their shares delisted from the NASDAQ.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer