THQ will lose a further 120 development jobs
THQ is preparing to axe a further 120 jobs in their development base as they attempt to recover from their losses caused chiefly by the disasterous uDraw tablet.
The job losses are also caused by their inability to find a partner to fund the continued development of Warhammer 40K Dark Millennium as an MMO.
Darksiders and Dark Millennium studio, Vigil Games will shed 80 staff from their operations in Texas and Relic Entertainment in Vancouver will lose 40 staff.
The publisher has already cut over 270 jobs since December and CEO Brian Farrell has taken a temporary 50 percent pay cut in order to try and turn the business around and avoid having their shares delisted from the NASDAQ.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer