THQ will lose a further 120 development jobs
THQ is preparing to axe a further 120 jobs in their development base as they attempt to recover from their losses caused chiefly by the disasterous uDraw tablet.
The job losses are also caused by their inability to find a partner to fund the continued development of Warhammer 40K Dark Millennium as an MMO.
Darksiders and Dark Millennium studio, Vigil Games will shed 80 staff from their operations in Texas and Relic Entertainment in Vancouver will lose 40 staff.
The publisher has already cut over 270 jobs since December and CEO Brian Farrell has taken a temporary 50 percent pay cut in order to try and turn the business around and avoid having their shares delisted from the NASDAQ.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave