THQ will lose a further 120 development jobs
THQ is preparing to axe a further 120 jobs in their development base as they attempt to recover from their losses caused chiefly by the disasterous uDraw tablet.
The job losses are also caused by their inability to find a partner to fund the continued development of Warhammer 40K Dark Millennium as an MMO.
Darksiders and Dark Millennium studio, Vigil Games will shed 80 staff from their operations in Texas and Relic Entertainment in Vancouver will lose 40 staff.
The publisher has already cut over 270 jobs since December and CEO Brian Farrell has taken a temporary 50 percent pay cut in order to try and turn the business around and avoid having their shares delisted from the NASDAQ.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition