Aliens: Colonial Marines will be a unique and compelling experience on Wii U says Gearbox
Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford reckons that they are putting together a really special experience with the Wii U version of Aliens: Colonial Marines.
He has been speaking very highly of the opportunities presented by the Wii U's tablet controller and the ways that they have taken advantage of them for their insanely long-awaited Aliens shooter.
Pitchford enthused, "The Wii U version has so much more to offer. No other platform can do what the Wii U can do. If you love [Xbox] 360 games, you are not used to being in a world where you have this new interface. But once you get used to that, you imagine the possibilities. There are some opportunities that are just not possible on any platform that does not have that device."
He continued, "I don't want to give spoilers away on some of the things we are thinking of or thing we have actually implemented already, but there are a lot of cool opportunities with that device that are going to make a very unique and compelling experience on that platform. We have given it a lot of attention. I think it will not be too long [before] Nintendo opens up their kimono a little bit more about that platform and where it is going, and we will be there right with them talking about how Aliens is using it."
Aliens: Colonial Marines is due out on Xbox 360 and PS3 in the autumn with the Wii U version due some time with the arrival of the console itself before the end of the year.
Thanks Vox Games.
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain