Xbox 360 now used more for consuming media than gaming in the US
The latest usage figures for Xbox Live from Microsoft show an interesting shift in patterns of use for the Xbox 360.
It has shown that Xbox 360 users are now spending more than half their time streaming video and audio over Xbox Live relegating games to second place on the machine.
Xbox owners are still using their machines for gaming spending on average around 84 hours a month gaming on Xbox Live which is 30 percent more than the same time last year.
Microsoft SVP of Interactive Entertainment Yusuf Mehdi said, "What we're seeing is that people are turning on the Xbox to play games and then keeping it on afterwards to get other types of entertainment."
Thanks The LA Times.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching