Xbox 360 now used more for consuming media than gaming in the US
The latest usage figures for Xbox Live from Microsoft show an interesting shift in patterns of use for the Xbox 360.
It has shown that Xbox 360 users are now spending more than half their time streaming video and audio over Xbox Live relegating games to second place on the machine.
Xbox owners are still using their machines for gaming spending on average around 84 hours a month gaming on Xbox Live which is 30 percent more than the same time last year.
Microsoft SVP of Interactive Entertainment Yusuf Mehdi said, "What we're seeing is that people are turning on the Xbox to play games and then keeping it on afterwards to get other types of entertainment."
Thanks The LA Times.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3