Xbox 360 now used more for consuming media than gaming in the US
The latest usage figures for Xbox Live from Microsoft show an interesting shift in patterns of use for the Xbox 360.
It has shown that Xbox 360 users are now spending more than half their time streaming video and audio over Xbox Live relegating games to second place on the machine.
Xbox owners are still using their machines for gaming spending on average around 84 hours a month gaming on Xbox Live which is 30 percent more than the same time last year.
Microsoft SVP of Interactive Entertainment Yusuf Mehdi said, "What we're seeing is that people are turning on the Xbox to play games and then keeping it on afterwards to get other types of entertainment."
Thanks The LA Times.
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12