Xbox 360 now used more for consuming media than gaming in the US
The latest usage figures for Xbox Live from Microsoft show an interesting shift in patterns of use for the Xbox 360.
It has shown that Xbox 360 users are now spending more than half their time streaming video and audio over Xbox Live relegating games to second place on the machine.
Xbox owners are still using their machines for gaming spending on average around 84 hours a month gaming on Xbox Live which is 30 percent more than the same time last year.
Microsoft SVP of Interactive Entertainment Yusuf Mehdi said, "What we're seeing is that people are turning on the Xbox to play games and then keeping it on afterwards to get other types of entertainment."
Thanks The LA Times.
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage
- Remedy casts a Hobbit and an X-Man in Quantum Theory
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria