Xbox 360 now used more for consuming media than gaming in the US
The latest usage figures for Xbox Live from Microsoft show an interesting shift in patterns of use for the Xbox 360.
It has shown that Xbox 360 users are now spending more than half their time streaming video and audio over Xbox Live relegating games to second place on the machine.
Xbox owners are still using their machines for gaming spending on average around 84 hours a month gaming on Xbox Live which is 30 percent more than the same time last year.
Microsoft SVP of Interactive Entertainment Yusuf Mehdi said, "What we're seeing is that people are turning on the Xbox to play games and then keeping it on afterwards to get other types of entertainment."
Thanks The LA Times.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny