Zipper Interactive on the verge of closure
Reports have emerged suggesting that Sony may be in the process of shutting down the Washington-based Zipper Interactive development studio.
Zipper were the team behind MAG, the most recent SOCOM title and PS Vita shooter Unit 13.
Apparently Zipper's only remaining project, an unannounced title is rumoured to have been canned and staff at the studio are now receiving redundancy notices.
The report also suggests that, from the number of employees receiving redundancy notices the studio is preparing to close. Sony has declined to comment on the matter.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date