Zipper Interactive on the verge of closure
Reports have emerged suggesting that Sony may be in the process of shutting down the Washington-based Zipper Interactive development studio.
Zipper were the team behind MAG, the most recent SOCOM title and PS Vita shooter Unit 13.
Apparently Zipper's only remaining project, an unannounced title is rumoured to have been canned and staff at the studio are now receiving redundancy notices.
The report also suggests that, from the number of employees receiving redundancy notices the studio is preparing to close. Sony has declined to comment on the matter.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent