Wii U hardware around the same spec as current generation says Vigil Games
Vigil Games, one of the third party studios working on hardcore launch titles for the Wii U has given an indication of the kind of power the Wii U has under the hood.
The studio's Marvin Donald explained that the Wii U version of Darksiders 2 is almost a straight port with nothing required in the way graphical improvements. The only changes they have made have been to take advantage of the Wii U's unique controller.
Donald said, "So far the [Wii U] hardware's been on par with what we have with the current generations. Based on what I understand, the resolution and textures and polycounts and all that stuff, we're not going to being doing anything to up-res the game, but we'll take advantage of the controller for sure."
He added on the controller itself, "Now it's just down to deciding what we really want to do to make it a unique experience on the Wii U; taking advantage of the extra screen and the touch capability and all that."
Of course, this could just indicate that the performance of the Wii U as of launch will produce a visual experience equivalent to the Xbox 360 and the PS3 due to unfamiliarity of developers with the hardware.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine