Wii U hardware around the same spec as current generation says Vigil Games
Vigil Games, one of the third party studios working on hardcore launch titles for the Wii U has given an indication of the kind of power the Wii U has under the hood.
The studio's Marvin Donald explained that the Wii U version of Darksiders 2 is almost a straight port with nothing required in the way graphical improvements. The only changes they have made have been to take advantage of the Wii U's unique controller.
Donald said, "So far the [Wii U] hardware's been on par with what we have with the current generations. Based on what I understand, the resolution and textures and polycounts and all that stuff, we're not going to being doing anything to up-res the game, but we'll take advantage of the controller for sure."
He added on the controller itself, "Now it's just down to deciding what we really want to do to make it a unique experience on the Wii U; taking advantage of the extra screen and the touch capability and all that."
Of course, this could just indicate that the performance of the Wii U as of launch will produce a visual experience equivalent to the Xbox 360 and the PS3 due to unfamiliarity of developers with the hardware.
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free
- Sony gets all generous with Decembers PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below