GameStop not expecting GTA V in 2012
It's not just industry analysts that are playing down any talk that Grand Theft Auto V arriving this year.
US retail giant GameStop are also not expecting Rockstar's next big entry in the GTA series this side of Christmas.
In their forecast for this year the Take-Two titles they are expecting Borderlands 2 and Max Payne 3 to make the biggest splash alongside the likes of Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed III but there was no mention of GTA V at all.
President of GameStop, Tony Bartel said, "In terms of GTA V, we don't have followed information that we can share at this point so we have not put that into our forecast. We would adjust our estimate if we had knowledge that GTA was coming out [in 2012]."
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles