GameStop not expecting GTA V in 2012
It's not just industry analysts that are playing down any talk that Grand Theft Auto V arriving this year.
US retail giant GameStop are also not expecting Rockstar's next big entry in the GTA series this side of Christmas.
In their forecast for this year the Take-Two titles they are expecting Borderlands 2 and Max Payne 3 to make the biggest splash alongside the likes of Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed III but there was no mention of GTA V at all.
President of GameStop, Tony Bartel said, "In terms of GTA V, we don't have followed information that we can share at this point so we have not put that into our forecast. We would adjust our estimate if we had knowledge that GTA was coming out [in 2012]."
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch