GameStop not expecting GTA V in 2012
It's not just industry analysts that are playing down any talk that Grand Theft Auto V arriving this year.
US retail giant GameStop are also not expecting Rockstar's next big entry in the GTA series this side of Christmas.
In their forecast for this year the Take-Two titles they are expecting Borderlands 2 and Max Payne 3 to make the biggest splash alongside the likes of Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed III but there was no mention of GTA V at all.
President of GameStop, Tony Bartel said, "In terms of GTA V, we don't have followed information that we can share at this point so we have not put that into our forecast. We would adjust our estimate if we had knowledge that GTA was coming out [in 2012]."
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold