GameStop not expecting GTA V in 2012
It's not just industry analysts that are playing down any talk that Grand Theft Auto V arriving this year.
US retail giant GameStop are also not expecting Rockstar's next big entry in the GTA series this side of Christmas.
In their forecast for this year the Take-Two titles they are expecting Borderlands 2 and Max Payne 3 to make the biggest splash alongside the likes of Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed III but there was no mention of GTA V at all.
President of GameStop, Tony Bartel said, "In terms of GTA V, we don't have followed information that we can share at this point so we have not put that into our forecast. We would adjust our estimate if we had knowledge that GTA was coming out [in 2012]."
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft