GameStop not expecting GTA V in 2012
It's not just industry analysts that are playing down any talk that Grand Theft Auto V arriving this year.
US retail giant GameStop are also not expecting Rockstar's next big entry in the GTA series this side of Christmas.
In their forecast for this year the Take-Two titles they are expecting Borderlands 2 and Max Payne 3 to make the biggest splash alongside the likes of Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed III but there was no mention of GTA V at all.
President of GameStop, Tony Bartel said, "In terms of GTA V, we don't have followed information that we can share at this point so we have not put that into our forecast. We would adjust our estimate if we had knowledge that GTA was coming out [in 2012]."
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow
- Fan remake of Half-Life, Black Mesa arrives on Steam Early Access
- Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft devs Mojang was motivated by Hololens
- id Software wanted to pay modders for their work back in 1995 says John Romero
- Jason Voorhees arrives as DLC for Mortal Kombat X and he's all about the machete
- Project CARS finally pulls up to the starting grid
- Shadow Of Mordor: Game Of The Year Edition hits retail this week
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood arrives today
- Bungie and CCP run their own campaigns to aid the earthquake survivors of Nepal