More dialogue in one level on BioShock Infinite than in the whole of BioShock
Irrational Games boss Ken Levine has revealed how much effort they are putting into BioShock Infinite compared to the original BioShock.
The comparison he chose to use is the volume of dialogue that they have created for BioShock Infinite. Levine revealed that the dialogue in one level of Infinite is more than is in the entirety of BioShock.
Levine explained, "Just one level of BioShock Infinite writing and the character interaction we have is probably three or four times as much writing as in all of BioShock 1. On the other hand it's a world that I absolutely love to write. Mostly because it's a new challenge. Thinking how these scenes are going to play out, how we keep them interactive and how you communicate the ideas."
He added assurances that the increased dialogue will not impact the gameplay saying, "It would be so much easier just to write tonnes of cut scenes - I could tell the story much more easily. But my gut feeling, which probably comes from being forever changed by playing System Shock 1, is to keep the experience going."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone