More dialogue in one level on BioShock Infinite than in the whole of BioShock
Irrational Games boss Ken Levine has revealed how much effort they are putting into BioShock Infinite compared to the original BioShock.
The comparison he chose to use is the volume of dialogue that they have created for BioShock Infinite. Levine revealed that the dialogue in one level of Infinite is more than is in the entirety of BioShock.
Levine explained, "Just one level of BioShock Infinite writing and the character interaction we have is probably three or four times as much writing as in all of BioShock 1. On the other hand it's a world that I absolutely love to write. Mostly because it's a new challenge. Thinking how these scenes are going to play out, how we keep them interactive and how you communicate the ideas."
He added assurances that the increased dialogue will not impact the gameplay saying, "It would be so much easier just to write tonnes of cut scenes - I could tell the story much more easily. But my gut feeling, which probably comes from being forever changed by playing System Shock 1, is to keep the experience going."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date