More dialogue in one level on BioShock Infinite than in the whole of BioShock
Irrational Games boss Ken Levine has revealed how much effort they are putting into BioShock Infinite compared to the original BioShock.
The comparison he chose to use is the volume of dialogue that they have created for BioShock Infinite. Levine revealed that the dialogue in one level of Infinite is more than is in the entirety of BioShock.
Levine explained, "Just one level of BioShock Infinite writing and the character interaction we have is probably three or four times as much writing as in all of BioShock 1. On the other hand it's a world that I absolutely love to write. Mostly because it's a new challenge. Thinking how these scenes are going to play out, how we keep them interactive and how you communicate the ideas."
He added assurances that the increased dialogue will not impact the gameplay saying, "It would be so much easier just to write tonnes of cut scenes - I could tell the story much more easily. But my gut feeling, which probably comes from being forever changed by playing System Shock 1, is to keep the experience going."
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today